Etihad metro link open for Christmas !

Dave S said:
When they started it was said the cost of building this fiasco was going to be approx £650M. Anyone know by how much that figure has rose over the past 5/6 years it has taken to put this shambles together? Hadrians Wall was built quicker and that was done by hand.

dont worry, the city centre congestion charge will be pushed through some how to pay for this debacle of a service.

its been the talk of the town and is already 8 months late

its never going to happen before xmas 2012 and my bet is the summer 2013

baggy said:
Dave S said:
When they started it was said the cost of building this fiasco was going to be approx £650M. Anyone know by how much that figure has rose over the past 5/6 years it has taken to put this shambles together? Hadrians Wall was built quicker and that was done by hand.

dont worry, the city centre congestion charge will be pushed through some how to pay for this debacle of a service.

Great

Well it is opening only over 10yrs late. After all it was supposed to be opened for the Commonwealth Games wasn't it.

Just seen a double length tram at the Snipe retail park stop. Anybody got any ideas how it got there, and what it is there for? The pantograph is down, and it didn't look like anybody was on board. The road from the Droylsden stop still has road works blocking the tram tracks, so I was just curious how it arrived and when...(low loader maybe?)

I did notice some blocks blocking the line near Ashton station, so maybe they are starting early testing. The line and stops look nearly finished, so I cannot see why they are still saying early next year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.