Euro 16 - Anybody going to France?

Been in France 11 days now, it's been fantastic, been in Nice, Monaco n Paris, been to 2 games, well organised, good but tight security, hardly a bit of bother, honestly couldn't fault it

I'm going out in a couple of days. How long does it take to get through the stadium security? Got a 3pm kick-off so need to maximise pre-game drinking time.

I'm going out in a couple of days. How long does it take to get through the stadium security? Got a 3pm kick-off so need to maximise pre-game drinking time.
At the 2 norn iron games I have been into the ground in about 10 minutes from arriving at the ground, though this might vary grou nd by ground and who is playing.
Now about 2 hours from the campsite in Paris, hoping to get checked in, grab a quick beer and then to the Eiffel tower fanzone for the England game

At the 2 norn iron games I have been into the ground in about 10 minutes from arriving at the ground, though this might vary grou nd by ground and who is playing.
Now about 2 hours from the campsite in Paris, hoping to get checked in, grab a quick beer and then to the Eiffel tower fanzone for the England game

Cheers mate! Maybe see you in Lyon on Sunday?

Gutted to be back now after 4 days in nice and marseille. Lots of sun and beer, no trouble at all at the games but the less said about the public transport and organisation at both grounds the better!

In Lens on Saturday for 2nd round game..Croatia have just shat all over my plans..Was hoping to cheer on Spain and Silva.
ANyone know what the fanzones are like in Lillie and Lens ? Hoping to catch the Wales game in a fanzone or pub.

Fanzone in Lille was really good with a cracking atmosphere, but then it was full of English and we won. Nightmare getting a beer tho, especially before game as only 2 bars.

Thanks Exiled.
Were there any rules about taking items into fanzone like bags.I thought I saw something on Twitter saying someone was refused entry as he had an Ipad ?

Got back late last night.

I went to watch Iceland v Hungary in Marseille, Romania v Albania in Lyon, and England v Slovakia in St Etienne. It was an amazing experience, and if I could afford to, I would be going straight back out for the knock out stages.

Marseille reminded me of a shit Blackpool (maybe a little harsh on Blackpool), it had a nice port area, but a few streets inland and it turns into a shit hole. Graffiti everywhere and the whole place stank of shit. Impressive stadium though. Spent the evening drinking and singing with Hungarians and Icelandic in the port area where there was trouble between England and Russia, and there was no bother at all.

Lyon on the other hand was very nice in my opinion. Would happily go back there with City in the Champions League. The Albanians were a lively bunch!

St Etienne was good too - drinking in the square where all the England fans congregated for the build up was good fun. The party mood was as good as any City trip and better than most. No sign of trouble the whole time I was there.

Thought security was a bit lapse at the grounds in view of the terrorist threat. I was expecting it to be very thorough - like the Italian police (which is borderline sexual assault), but it was just a very quick pat down.

Were there any rules about taking items into fanzone like bags.I thought I saw something on Twitter saying someone was refused entry as he had an Ipad ?

You've got to go through airport style security to get into the Lyon fan zone - can't speak for the others. You could take bags through but they check them very carefully and you have to empty them out. Don't know why anybody would want to take an iPad in.....

Cheers mate,will tell son to take his phone instead !

You've got to go through airport style security to get into the Lyon fan zone - can't speak for the others. You could take bags through but they check them very carefully and you have to empty them out. Don't know why anybody would want to take an iPad in.....[/QUOTE]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.