EURO 2012: Day 3 Matchday thread

Vienna_70

Team supported
Treble Winners 2022/23.
Italy vs. Spain

I am really looking forward to this game.

In the past, I would probably have avoided it like the plague, as I hated both of them.

It all dates back to my childhood, when the Italians were a dirty cynical bunch of cheats, at both club and international level.

The worst of it was, they didn't need to be. as they were good enough to win playing in a sporting manner.

I hated Spanish and Portuguese football by association. as they were both mediterrainian countries and therefore, guilty in my young eyes, by association.

However, nowadays, I love both Mario and Merlin and hope they both have cracking games.

I would love it to be 3-3, with both Balo and David bagging a hat-trick.

Re: Italy vs. Spain

Vienna_70 said:
I hated Spanish and Portuguese football by association. as they were both mediterrainian countries.

Sorry to be pedantic but Portugal isn't a Mediterranean country.

dazdon said:
This is one of those matches that might very well be played in true thespian spirit.

Verily methinks thou may have clout the nail true.

Vienna_70 said:
It all dates back to my childhood, when the Italians were a dirty cynical bunch of cheats, at both club and international level.

The worst of it was, they didn't need to be. as they were good enough to win playing in a sporting manner.
I just remember in that italian Serie A (from 1985 to 2000 around) there were good clubs like Juventus, Inter, Parma, Ac Milan, Napoli, Lazio, Roma; for sure they didn't need help by cheating as you are saying. Not by chance it was called the best league in the world, too bad it is not anymore now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.