Euro 2020 in 12 cities accross Europe.....

Poor ticket sales, uefa was e-mailing everybody registered in the original ballot offering semi-final tickets, plus I suppose in the present economic climate it would mean no investment needed in new stadiums

Poor ticket sales are down to a few things, Ukraine is fecking miles away, Donetsk for starters is a hell of a trek to get to. Combine that with the extortionate prices hotels were charging during the competition and the perceived threat of violence and it's not surprising. 2016 in France will be different.

Poor ticket sales?
Over 99% of tickets sold. Wouldn`t call it "poor", would you?
About "perceived" threats.. well english fans that went too Donetsk gave their opinion about it quite clearly :)

z11972299X,Kibice-przeciwko-Solowi-Campbellowi.jpg

30+ thousands of Irish fans have their memories and opinion prettty clear as well.

Europe is quite big continent. It`s far beyond Calais or Berlin :) So the distances may be huge but in the air travel era is not a big problem really.

another shit idea from a shit president.

Such a tournament is always a great thing for the football fans in the host nations. And it boosts investments in infrastructure. German football still benefits from WC 2006

I don't believe he's stuck for votes but he's a politician and they'll always appeal to as broad a spectrum as possible.

This idea will appeal no end to certain groups of countries like say, the Baltic states, the former Yugoslav & Czech republics and maybe even the Celtic nations.

I suppose it could work, theoretically, if the ten or twelve cities weren't all that far apart, and not under ten or twelve jurisdictions (for example: Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Dundee, Glasgow, Belfast, Derry, Dublin, Cork, Limerick, Cardiff, Swansea and Wrexham).

Knowing Platini though, he'd probably have the first round in Clifden, Co. Galway and the final in Novosibirsk, Siberia.

Russia as an example (albeit not likely to progress this far).....

First round match in Lisbon.
Second round match in Istanbul.
Third round match in Dublin

Quarter final in Stockholm
Semi-final in Bucharest.
Final in London.

Do the maths.

Fuck outta here Platini you twat. I want my fucking cake and ice cream already with this one!!!

i would think six countries with two cities hosting each one group of the group stage.

FOR EXAMPLE: England, France, Sweden Ukraine playing their group stage in germany (Berlin and Munich). Another group hosted in England (London and Manchester) and so on. Still shit this idea

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.