Euro draw

samharris said:
Vienna_70 said:
jazzy said:
Another Plattini fuck up 24 teams is 8 too many, some right shite will qualify I am including england in the right shite catogry

It's all a money-making exercise for UEFA, isn't it?

More games,bigger advertising and viewing rights...of course its about more money...

If theres no money in it FIFA and UEFA do not do it..
It's hardly rocket science, is it?

Vienna_70 said:
jazzy said:
Another Plattini fuck up 24 teams is 8 too many, some right shite will qualify I am including england in the right shite catogry

It's all a money-making exercise for UEFA, isn't it?

54 FAs make up Europe. 51 voted for this. Us, the Chairmans, and ANOther voted against. I think it is Platini's strategy of endearing himself to as many FAs as he can if JokeBlatter decides to go and Platini thinks that he is the one who can save football!

jazzy said:
If you think we're shite then it says more about your opinion on football.

24 teams gives a lot of players like Bale or Lewandowski more of a chance to shine at the highest level.

That apart the Euros have always been a poor tournament for me. The draws are terribly lopsided and you get some of the most boring quarter finals possible. People say they like how it's short and sharp, but that's not the case. Look at the last euro's where Germany had Holland in their group and Greece in the quarters. It just means strong teams go out early without building up steam and the quality of the tournament suffers. It's why you get fluke winners like Greece and Denmark. I am all for the change.

I would have loved to see Holland and Croatia get a chance to build up form and face each other in the knock outs.

That'd be worth watching Gibralter V Spain, didn't realise that they would have to be kept apart. The Sun would have been wanking over that front page.

Gibraltar will be playing their home matches at the Algarve stadium so looking forward to watching them beat Scotland

Fantastic draw for us, I don't agree with the 8 team increase but if it means we qualify then so be it. Hell of a feel good factor in Wales at the moment after this draw, first time in a long time we have a real chance of making it.

shemnel said:
DTKOAG said:
Did anyone notice that Gibraltar was drawn into Spains group but had to be moved to the next group

It's a disgrace UEFA think they can play politics etc, whilst claiming all the way that politics has no place in sport. idiots
It's hardly a disgrace but I was thinking they are safe because Gibraltar cant make it to a tournament where only luck could keep them apart then

Stato said:
group D is slightly interesting.
Germany, Gibraltar, Georgia, Scotland, Poland, Republic of Ireland.
RoI vs Scotland should be decent.
come on Gibraltar, would love them to win a game or 2.
They could beat Scotland, don't think they've much chance with the rest. Happy enough from an irish point of view, we have Scotland Georgia and Gibraltar's measure imo so should be guaranteed top 3 and I've no fear of Poland either so hopefully 2nd. Easy group for Germany though, the enmity with the poles should work in our favour as they'll go all out to give them two hidings.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.