Euro Qualifiers Nov’19

Hoddle and Dixon in the tv studios. Imagine being stick in a lift or a desert island with those two bores. At least Keane has a bit of personality about him, as much as I dislike the prick.

Anyone else pick up on Stones ‘getting a knock’ so isn’t selected.

Also Van Hype has left the Dutch team for ‘personal reasons’. I genuinely hope there’s nothing wrong with his family etc but I’m tempted to think he’s said that to fuck off back to train with the dips.
All the dipps have gone home but then they are cheats

He's great at what he does, and so is Messi, but I get a bit annoyed by sentiments like "we're so fortunate it happened in our time". Contrary to what Sky tells you, football has been around a lot longer than 1991, and there has always been plenty of great players in every decade. You could make the argument there hasn't been as many this decade (2010-2020), hence why Ronaldo and Messi have had such a stronghold on awards, but that's a discussion for another time. A lot of players these days tend to get overhyped, like Pogba because they dab and have great marketing. I'm not having a go, just my personal thoughts.

I'd agree on most of your points and agree there are plenty of great players, but not always exceptional. I'd go so far and say these two are exceptional.
Also, my personal opinion is that Pogba is very overrated, he isn't fit enough to lace the likes of Zidane's boots when it comes to footballing talent.

I really only ever watch england outside major tournaments as a last resort, but today had dragged, and there really is little else on telly, so ...

How many international goals did Pele get? I remember him scoring his one thousand goal. One of the he greatest players I ever saw.
True, as my Dad used to say. A most wonderful footballer, because he could head a ball as well as dribble with it.

True, as my Dad used to say. A most wonderful footballer, because he could head a ball as well as dribble with it.

He had everything. Seek out the clip I think it was in the 1970 world cup in Mexico. Pele runs through, leaves the ball going one way while he runs the other, totally bamboozling the keeper but just misses the goal as he shoots. It would have been one of the best goals ever had it gone in.

Just glanced at the back pages in Morrisons. I didn't realise England had lost such a key player, first on the team sheet and s highly experienced veteran of several world and Euro tournaments. Here' me thinking he is just a bit player for club and country.

Looked up the kick off time and was interested to see in the observer that Rodgers and Lampard are fighting to be runners up to Klopptrap. No point in us playing then.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.