Europa/Conference League | GW3 | 23/24 Oct '24

Seriously?

Panathinaikos are a huge club in Greece. Huge following and are regulars in European competition

Now the likes of Larne …..
Their UEFA ranking is terrible after some shite European seasons. Below teams from Wales, Ireland and even Andorra. It’s bizarre. They’ve played in a European cup final and almost reached the final in 1995 beating Ajax 1-0 away in the SF

Seriously?

Panathinaikos are a huge club in Greece. Huge following and are regulars in European competition

Now the likes of Larne …..
I could say the same about Rangers and Celtic. Both huge clubs, with massive followings and, inevitably, regulars in European competition. Would either survive without a struggle in the PL? You see what I mean? Those points you raise don't inevitably make Panathinaikos a good side. Now, granted; the League Two comment might have been a tad OTT, but I'd guess they'd struggle in the Championship, which would be a lot more physical and hectic than they're probably used to.

Their UEFA ranking is terrible after some shite European seasons. Below teams from Wales, Ireland and even Andorra. It’s bizarre. They’ve played in a European cup final and almost reached the final in 1995 beating Ajax 1-0 away in the SF
I’m sure Rangers played them in the latter stages of UEFA cup in 2008.

I know they have a huge and passionate support

I could say the same about Rangers and Celtic. Both huge clubs, with massive followings and, inevitably, regulars in European competition. Would either survive without a struggle in the PL? You see what I mean? Those points you raise don't inevitably make Panathinaikos a good side. Now, granted; the League Two comment might have been a tad OTT, but I'd guess they'd struggle in the Championship, which would be a lot more physical and hectic than they're probably used to.
Now if you had said Championship ……

Doesn’t really work with Rangers as we’ve been in two finals the last 15 years and regularly qualify through the groups

That said I think 6/1 for Steau tonight is a great price

I’m sure Rangers played them in the latter stages of UEFA cup in 2008.

I know they have a huge and passionate support
But that doesn't make them a good side, it makes them a popular side. Look at Sparta last night; I'm assuming they get fair sized attendances back in Prague. But they were pretty abject last night. As I like to console my mate with, size isn't everything!

i didn't even know Joao Felix had resigned for chelsea. where the fuck are they hiding all these fuckers

But that doesn't make them a good side, it makes them a popular side. Look at Sparta last night; I'm assuming they get fair sized attendances back in Prague. But they were pretty abject last night. As I like to console my mate with, size isn't everything!
Just remembered we have to play Spurs and United. Could be a long couple of nights!!

Anyway great night for Hearts and 2-0 certainly doesn’t flatter them

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.