Europa League and Conference

East Level 2

With the UEFA Conf starting next season what is the situation with these tournaments? Do we still get three places in the Europa meaning 8th gets the Conference place as we won the League Cup or are we down to two in the Europa?

I think...

FA cup = Europa
League cup = conference
5th place = Europa

As we won the league cup 6th place will be conference. Assuming both Chelsea and Leicester finish top 4 then 6th will become Europa and 7th conference.

There's also other permutations if Chelsea or arsenal win the CL or Europa this year and don't get top 4 or finish outside of the top 7.

Cheers for the reply. I had another look around and it seems we now get 2 Europa and 1 Conference place in normal years. It might change if a team from outside the top 4 wins the Champions League or Thursday League.

Cheers for the reply. I had another look around and it seems we now get 2 Europa and 1 Conference place in normal years. It might change if a team from outside the top 4 wins the Champions League or Thursday League.

Yeah that's right. We can have 5 epl teams in the champions league but if that happens we'll get 2 Europa places and nowt else. Only max 7 European places in the epl across the 3 comps going forward

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.