Europa League/Conference League Games | Quarter-Finals | 11/18 April '24

I think it's catching up with everyone still in europe at this point, at the very least they should stop extra time, and just go straight to penalties imho.

Our players have been incredible over the last few seasons, but they were mostly knackered last night, fair play to those who made it to the end.

It needs to be stopped, and it's only getting worse next year.

Aren't UEFA thinking about increasing squad sizes?

I quite intensely dislike Gary Neville, but he said the same about both draws while some were losing their heads on here. Don't expect to kill off your rivals if you can't do it yourself.
Now go and wash out your mouth with the strongest bleach you can find. You don’t want to be infected by that parasite.

Will TNT apologise to the ref, called him clueless then found out yellow cards don't carry into penalty shootouts.

I was watching this when keeper was sent off

Just read that the rule was changed fairly recently, after the Irish lad getting sent off.

Law 10 in the IFAB rulebook reads, "Warnings and cautions (YCs) issued during the match (including during extra time) are not carried forward into kicks from the penalty mark (KFPM). A player who receives a YC during both the match and the KFPM is not sent off."

The above amendment to the law was only introduced in 2020 after controversial incidents saw goalkeepers bizarrely sent off during shootouts.

One of the most notable came in the 2018 UEFA European U-17 Championships, in which Ireland goalkeeper Jimmy Corcoran was sent off midway through the quarter-final shootout against the Netherlands.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.