Europa League Quarter Finals

Castiel said:
Apparently if we win the Europa league we'll be the first English team in history to hold all 3 European cups, and the first to win the CL and the Europa back to back. Not a record I was expecting but I'll take what I can get. Out of 7 we better win at least 1. Severely underachieved this season.
First english team to win CL and Europa back to back?

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Castiel said:
Apparently if we win the Europa league we'll be the first English team in history to hold all 3 European cups, and the first to win the CL and the Europa back to back. Not a record I was expecting but I'll take what I can get. Out of 7 we better win at least 1. Severely underachieved this season.

That's what I wondered too. Too much wacky baccy being smoked, methinks.

I said English team. I don't think any team has won the CL and then the Europa either but I'd have to check - it's going in the wrong direction though.

Castiel said:
I said English team. I don't think any team has won the CL and then the Europa either but I'd have to check - it's going in the wrong direction though.

Although that's different, Porto won the UEFA cup and the CL the next year, and became the first team doing that, if I'm correct. But I'm not sure if anyone has won the CL and then the other competition.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Castiel said:

There's actually four European trophies. You forgot the one you never won and will never win, the Inter Cities Fairs Cup!

I'm no cynic said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Castiel said:

There's actually four European trophies. You forgot the one you never won and will never win, the Inter Cities Fairs Cup!

Does the intertoto still go? Biggest trophy in world football

Crouchinho said:
I'm no cynic said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

Does the intertoto still go? Biggest trophy in world football

Abolished in 2009. Interestingly enough, it's the one trophy that Manuel Pellegrini has won as a manager on this continent [in 2004], and his team still needed a penalty shoot-out to manage it. That's the kind of CV that certain posters on here think is suitable for City!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.