European atmosphere ?

Maine_Road

do you wish eastlands had more of a European style atmosphere ? I for one think it would be fantastic if the singing section and the south stand were to adopt the European atmosphere as we have already taken on the poznan as our own would you like to see sections of the ground bounceing round with flags , scarfs , inflatables , blue flares ? not just for one game but week in week out and bring it to away grounds with us !
what would it take for the this to happen ?
evan clubs in the conference premier can do it !

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRW_t1iXOcw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRW_t1iXOcw</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CofBk3xaMUg&feature=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CofBk3xa ... re=related</a>

would any one else love to see this atmosphere at eastlands ? or am i on my own ha ha :S

the club would need to buy into it. even aberdeen had massive flags at the side of the goals a few years back. much as a lot on here mock them and cry foul, when the rags come to eastlands and let off flares, it looks fuucking awesome.

Now let me see: European atmosphere:

a) police with guns and riot shields

b) concrete 'prison like' entrances

c) refreshment booths with just tiny spy holes to get food and drink

e) toilets that i) stink to high heaven, ii) have no toilet paper iii) are so small that the men use the women's toilets at half time leaving some women embarrassed and humiliated

f) being kept behind in an area with so little room that people have trouble breathing and have to be helped by others as one small gate is opened to let all the fans through

do I need to go on?

I prefer the atmosphere we have at City of Manchester Stadium and the friendly, helpful stewards we have, the police who are a presence but not a threat, the singing and the refreshment stands that are open and, maybe sometimes a little slow but at least they are welcoming. Again need I go on.

So no, let's leave it as it is. Our flags etc can still be put around the stadium, we don't need overkill.

Eccles Blue said:

e) toilets that i) stink to high heaven, ii) have no toilet paper iii) are so small that the men use the women's toilets at half time leaving some women embarrassed and humiliated

f) being kept behind in an area with so little room that people have trouble breathing and have to be helped by others as one small gate is opened to let all the fans through

do I need to go on?

I prefer the atmosphere we have at City of Manchester Stadium and the friendly, helpful stewards we have, the police who are a presence but not a threat, the singing and the refreshment stands that are open and, maybe sometimes a little slow but at least they are welcoming. Again need I go on.

So no, let's leave it as it is. Our flags etc can still be put around the stadium, we don't need overkill.

im sure this thread was about European atmosphere and not European hooligans ! :S are you saying that any fan who wants jump around sing and wave a flag is a trouble causer ?

Eccles Blue said:

do I need to go on?

giving this place
20sdtuq.jpg

a bad name.

citykev28 said:
Eccles Blue said:

do I need to go on?

giving this place
20sdtuq.jpg

a bad name.

Is that Eccles? It's impossible to give that a bad name.

Would be great to see giant sky blue flags waving all over CoMS, would love to see a giant Neil Young red and black flag at FA games and other things like that. The whole world is doing, i still don't know why it isn't done in England with the quality of football being played here.

This is my local team in the US where i am living right now the Portland Timbers, interestingly enough they incorporate English, European and South American atmospheres into their games and its really fun to catch a game. Would love to see something like this at CoMS.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZegmC62kF4&feature=related[/youtube]

gaudinho's stolen car said:
citykev28 said:
giving this place
20sdtuq.jpg

a bad name.

Is that Eccles? It's impossible to give that a bad name.

i'd like to take that as a compliment but i get a feeling you didn't mean it that way. in which case, if you ever dare cross the world famous glass bridge, you'd better be waving a white flag!

Absolutely, I think every other European country, other than ours seems to have organised groups of supporters who chant throughout the game, organise choregrophy displays, bang drums and basically try and support their team for the whole 90 mins.

You see a lot of people dismiss it on this forum, I dont understand why

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.