European - Away Shirt

Armitage

Will we be releasing a version of the away shirt that complies with UEFA rules?

Article 8.0.5 - The number on a striped, hooped, banded or checked shirt must appear on a single coloured patch

Champions League
thierry-henry-celtic-vs-barcelona-uefa-champions-league-february-20-2008-EPmnwn.jpg

La Liga
barcelona_etoo_henry_12012008.jpg

Someone else today said we would be wearing the navy 3rd for next years euro away games.

Edit: I would mind having maroon again, I liked that. Whats the history behind that? anyone want to enlighten me?

Navy blue shirt, away kit from last season, will be our first choice away kit in Europe next season.

Wheelsy said:
It's a good rule though... It's nigh impossible to see the numbers on Sunderland's or West Brom's shirts.

What?? I like West Broms jerseys because they have different colors and arent the same as evey other team (blue or red).

VinceYoungisaBLUE said:
Edit: I would mind having maroon again, I liked that. Whats the history behind that? anyone want to enlighten me?

Maroon had been the traditional away colour from the early 20th century to the 1960s when Malcolm Allison decided to use the red and black kit. The 1956 cup final shirt is a good exam. Not sure why exactly maroon, though...

UEFA kit rules change all the time. Didnt Celtic have a court battle with them in the 90's(i think) over having numbers on their shirts. Celtic never had them, always just a number on their shorts until UEFA decided almost overnight that they had to put the numbers on their shirts and werent allowed them on the shorts at all!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.