European Club "owned" by Gangsters.

To be fair the modern criminals don't rob banks via masks and guns any more, their M.O. is likely to be Cyber based because they make more money that way.

Perhaps they are allowed to indulge their wealth by becoming a sugar daddy to a Club rather than seeing it as a method of laundering their ill gotten gains.

As has been mentioned in a previous post is ownership of a Club by a criminal illegal ?
Perhaps the police are involved to enable its assets to be sequestered after a court judgement ?

M18CTID said:
Wasn't there some mad story doing the rounds about Blackburn when Steve Kean was manager about them being owned by Glaswegian gangsters?

I remember there being a thread on here about that rumour at the time. I actually commented that it would be interesting to see what happened with Kean when he did eventually leave as all unemployed managers are instantly linked with every available job and pop up at some other club no matter how badly they've done. I wonder where he is these days?

Bluemoon dan said:
M18CTID said:
Wasn't there some mad story doing the rounds about Blackburn when Steve Kean was manager about them being owned by Glaswegian gangsters?

I remember there being a thread on here about that rumour at the time. I actually commented that it would be interesting to see what happened with Kean when he did eventually leave as all unemployed managers are instantly linked with every available job and pop up at some other club no matter how badly they've done. I wonder where he is these days?

He's managing a club in Brunei! <a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brunei_DPMM_FC" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brunei_DPMM_FC</a>

M18CTID said:
Bluemoon dan said:
M18CTID said:

He's managing a club in Brunei! <a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brunei_DPMM_FC" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brunei_DPMM_FC</a>

Fair enough. I probably should have checked that myself before asking the question! It was still bloody odd though.

oakiecokie said:
Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
Bayern Munich?

It did say gangsters not Nazi`s.
While I usually don't care about stupid Nazi jokes, it really is completely off to use it against a club that was known as the 'Jew club' during the Nazi regime and faced severe repression, saw the Jewish president and the Jewish manager forced out of the country while the local rivals were used as a huge Nazi marketing tool. The street where the Allianz Arena is located is named after said president, Kurt Landauer. And one of the fan groups organises each year the Kurt Landauer cup, a tournament against racism. Hate the club as much as you want, but at least learn a tiny bit about the history, it's really not too much to ask when it's so easy to know stuff like that through the internet.

JollyGood said:
oakiecokie said:
Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
Bayern Munich?

It did say gangsters not Nazi`s.
While I usually don't care about stupid Nazi jokes, it really is completely off to use it against a club that was known as the 'Jew club' during the Nazi regime and faced severe repression, saw the Jewish president and the Jewish manager forced out of the country while the local rivals were used as a huge Nazi marketing tool. The street where the Allianz Arena is located is named after said president, Kurt Landauer. And one of the fan groups organises each year the Kurt Landauer cup, a tournament against racism. Hate the club as much as you want, but at least learn a tiny bit about the history, it's really not too much to ask when it's so easy to know stuff like that through the internet.

You`re fairly new on here aren`t you.
WWWWWWWWWwwwwwwwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhoooooooooooosssssssssssshhhhhhhh.

Watching the reaction of the defender and keeper of that Bulgarian side who played the dippers after they had conceded a penalty in the last minute .............. I'd say them.

That was dodgy as anything I have seen, apart from high fiving each other they seemed very pleased that they had gifted the dippers the win.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.