European Span of Success

Regarding the Fairs Cup, it was a weird tournament. In the early years it two up to three seasons to complete and had a ‘combined’ London team. There was also a combined Barcelona team with one player from Espanyol.There was a limit of one club per City.

Initially it had the whiff of a Mickey Mouse tournament but became more conventional before it was replaced by the UEFA Cup.

I am unsure if United, or for that matter Nottingham Forest, would have been eligible to enter.
Yes. I explain some of that here: https://gjfootballarchive.com/2024/06/02/european-span-of-success-2024/ Even qualification for the Watney Cup took priority!

So, if Old Carthusians get back together and win the FA cup they'll immediately go to the top of the domestic table?

So, if Old Carthusians get back together and win the FA cup they'll immediately go to the top of the domestic table?
They do still exist so yes if they win the FA Cup they'll be top. To be fair Blackburn Rovers won it only 3 years after them, so not much different to how the table looked a few years back when Blackburn headed it but both City and Liverpool have passed them since. It's never been about how many times, it's earliest and most recent and simply there to give an indication of which teams have always been around - and which major clubs only started winning trophies in more recent times.

They do still exist so yes if they win the FA Cup they'll be top. To be fair Blackburn Rovers won it only 3 years after them, so not much different to how the table looked a few years back when Blackburn headed it but both City and Liverpool have passed them since. It's never been about how many times, it's earliest and most recent and simply there to give an indication of which teams have always been around - and which major clubs only started winning trophies in more recent times.
Them Old Carthusians they've got no 'istry.

The reaction when Arsenal fans boast about history & tradition and then you say 'but your first major trophy was decades after City's!'
One of my favourites that.

I tell them "You bought the 1930s. Twenty six years, over a quarter of a century, after City won the FA Cup in 1904, you won your first trophy".

I have so many put downs and facts for fans of all the other clubs who doubt our heritage. We've played our part in the history of English football and it kills me to have to listen to their ignorant crap.

Keep up the good work Gary, all City fans appreciate your efforts..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.