Europe's biggest teams will be given safety net to play in Champions League

I never worry about things like this because there's no set of fans that want it. Even the majority of fans of teams this is clearly aimed at protecting wouldn't want it and if the fans don't accept it, its not happening.

If the pandemic is showing anything its the value of fans to the game. I do think a lot will be put off for good once fans return but the ones that remain will have more of a voice and this kind of bullshit will not be tolerated. There's no fear of missing out anymore since we've had no football for a year, I believe fans will vote with their wallets and if they try and implement something like this they cn wave goodbye to their cash cow.

We all know why this has come about: clue, it rhymes with Yanchester Mewnited.

How about no? And the F.A should just tell the teams that want to break away that they can fuck off because they won’t juggle the league around them.
In nearly every other respect the fa seem to think they are all powerful, but regarding this they seem scared to wield the obvious power they have. There may be a US /Asian ppv market for a breakaway league, but most fans would not be interested in the g14 becoming a sort of harlem globetrotter style wank fest.

In nearly every other respect the fa seem to think they are all powerful, but regarding this they seem scared to wield the obvious power they have. There may be a US /Asian ppv market for a breakaway league, but most fans would not be interested in the g14 becoming a sort of harlem globetrotter style wank fest.
I know a large number of U.S.-based footy fans (albeit some aren't American).

I did an informal poll of 11 of them via group text, plus I asked myself. In toto, fans of 7 different sides (City, Liverpool, Spurs, Palace, Juve, AC Milan, Ajax).

Number of fans who want this: zero.

Last edited:
Here we go. Flailing Barcelona & the rest of the stinking G14 are rescued

Not sure anyone's mentioned it yet, but surely a bm first in terms of thread title length? Also much longer than your post. Kudos.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.