Euros winner and top scorer

ChrisNUFC said:
kennycar said:
ChrisNUFC said:
i have just drawn this at the sweepstake at work

waste of £3

-- Thu May 31, 2012 1:28 pm --

and just had another Go and drawn out Greece to win and anyone else greek to be top scorer FML
i'd check to see what else is in the hat, for all you know they've just written greece 16 times and pocketed the money.

Hmm may check this out on Monday

If thats the case i will send you 10% of any refund/winnings
get in!

As I can see many of you are sainyg Italy/Mario.
I hope you're right, but to be honest right now we are not the big team of the 90ies and the first years of 2000.

In 2006 we won a world cup with the last train of a GOLDEN generation... fifteen years of great talent... just some examples:

Mancini,Zola,Baggio,Signori,Vialli,Totti, Del Piero,Casiraghi,Vieri,Inzaghi... and the rest of the team was always GREAT (Pirlo,Maldini,Nesta,cannavaro,Buffon,Zambrotta,Baresi,Bergomi,Albertini,Donadoni...)

Nowadays maybe we have 3-4 top players (Buffon,Chiellini,Pirlo,Balotelli,maybe Giovinco) and a good team overall, but nothing more... I just hope that our "heart" can make the difference... but before kick off at least 4 teams are better than Italy.

RMancini said:
If Mancini was either playing for or managing Italy they would walk the competition, fortunately Mancini is staying at City for the next few years/decades.

While I stand to be corrected, I wouldn't be surprised if Italy didn't get out of their group. Anybody who has half a football brain in their head can manage the richest team in the world and do a good job of it, it's a lot more difficult to manage a country like Italy.

kobiblue said:
RMancini said:
If Mancini was either playing for or managing Italy they would walk the competition, fortunately Mancini is staying at City for the next few years/decades.

While I stand to be corrected, I wouldn't be surprised if Italy didn't get out of their group. Anybody who has half a football brain in their head can manage the richest team in the world and do a good job of it, it's a lot more difficult to manage a country like Italy.

Nope it is very difficult managing our expectations, okay he has the backing, but not many managers are good with money and turning the side into effective unit. He hasn't signed the contract yet, and if Italy don't do well he could be on the list to take over.

carlos92 said:
kobiblue said:
RMancini said:

Nope it is very difficult managing our expectations, okay he has the backing, but not many managers are good with money and turning the side into effective unit. He hasn't signed the contract yet, and if Italy don't do well he could be on the list to take over.

He is the manager of the richest club in the world. All the money he wants, the pick of the players. He can buy who he wants, with all the backing in the world.
The sky is the limit with transfer fees and wages.
He can and has put together a super team, and like I said, anyone with half a decent football brain can manage that.
Difficult managing expectations? We had none at the start, not really.
His task will be sustaining it. Chelsea got old and stale and they lost patience with the "special one". We'll see how good he is after another season or two, obviously he's a good manager, but his challenge will be sustaining it with the pressure of the teams like the rags around him.

I want him to stay obviously, but his challenge will be keeping it up and deal with our expectations now. What's a novelty now will become expectations soon.

SilvaLining said:
Dzagoev to come from nowhere and be player of the tournament, bit like Ozil did in the World Cup. Cracking player and I fancy the Russians to do well

This predicition is currently resulting in me beasting fantasy footy :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.