Evans to Reading?

Status
Not open for further replies.

balotelli's back pocket

disappointing if true. Not sure if quite good enough for the first team, but would like to see pep give him a try. It would be a shame to see someone who has such a connection with the club leave but maybe its best for him?

This is the future. Buy back clause I guarantee.

This is my hope, I was chuffed as a butty when he made his first team debut. Hopefully he continues to develop the way he has been and comes back in a couple of years ready to make the step up. There is no substitute for first team football and he isnt going to get it regularly with us. Not right now anyway.

What everyone needs to understand is that the academy is an extension of our business model in that 99% of players it turns out in reality wont be good enough to make it to the first time regularly right now but will be good enough for a career in football and we will make very good money in doing so.

Best of luck to the lad if its true.

Disappointing but can anyone think of the last youngster that we let go and has gone on the tip trees up?

Disappointing but can anyone think of the last youngster that we let go and has gone on the tip trees up?
No, it will only be very talented players that make that jump to our first team. They can obviously see that Iheanacho has that, but if any others make it I think it will be from the younger groups. Evans is 21 now so won't reach that level.
There seems to be a view that if Guardiola was here more players would get a chance, I'm not sure, he expects very high standards and would only play players he thought were good enough, like Busquets, but who has he brought through at Bayern ? He's gone out and bought young players like Comar and Costa, because he thought they were better than anybody at Bayern.
If he's definitely coming I think it's unlikely he hasn't had a look at our squads and spoken to Txiki about who to release and who has a chance, he's not one to leave it to chance and risk letting somebody he wants here, go. I think there are going to be some unhappy posters if the expect Guardiola to suddenly fill the first team squad with EDS players apart from Iheanacho I can only see Denayer and Maffeo, possibly Gunn from the older group getting into the first team squad.

So it seems that the academy is looking for the next messi or aguero world class type player? If they're not then let them go

Why not keep the most talented academy players like Evans as squad players instead of buying the likes of fernando, Garcia, Sinclair, zucculini and other perennial bench warmers/ non starters who can come in and do a job when called upon and who may end up getting a run of games and being able to prove themselves over the course of a season

Even more so when the players being let go are blue through and through. Dare I say the rags did it successfully for the best part of a decade with wes brown, Jonny Evans, Nicky butt, fletcher etc none of whom were world class but all were capable of filling in to a team that was challenging for trophies and even nailing down a first team place

If Evans leaves it will be frustrating given the age of yaya and Fernandinho who will become more and more injury prone as they age.

Then again, maybe Evans just isn't good enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.