Evans to Reading?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a good point about how many players hes brought through at Bayern but correct me if im wrong, I dont think there academy is up to much if im honest compared to other German clubs. I mean didnt our U19 hammer them a few times a few years ago, so maybe the talent there isnt that good. However I do agree with you that just because Pep comes it doesnt automatically equate to a load EDS players being promoted but think more will hopefully get a chance in the cups plus he may have a least one on the bench and give minutes in a game we are winning comprehensively to gain experience.
Bayern's U19's are odd. I think that's the ones that have to play in the Youth CL but Bayern's best U19's actually play for their U20's or something so the U19's is basically their youth team reserves

Bayern's U19's are odd. I think that's the ones that have to play in the Youth CL but Bayern's best U19's actually play for their U20's or something so the U19's is basically their youth team reserves
Sorry, that doesn't make much sense. Most of our youth players play an age range or 2 higher.

Sorry, that doesn't make much sense. Most of our youth players play an age range or 2 higher.
Yes, but Bayern usually send the shite/unused in other groups players' to the Youth CL. Most German teams don't take it seriously at all, I think only Schalke do.

Yes, but Bayern usually send the shite/unused in other groups players' to the Youth CL. Most German teams don't take it seriously at all, I think only Schalke do.

Because all the promising kids are playing for the B team in their 3rd division.

Ahh, of course. I'd forgotten that they have B teams.

Edit: Hmm, a downside of B teams then since they won't get European experience.

I think experience vs. proper professional teams would be more beneficial than european experience against other kids.

I think experience vs. proper professional teams would be more beneficial than european experience against other kids.
Totally agree with you on that, I'm just mulling over how the lack of European competition could be addressed. Invitational City sponsored comp anyone?

Because all the promising kids are playing for the B team in their 3rd division.
That hasn't stopped the Portuguese or the Spanish teams doing well in the UYL. Seems like a poor excuse, Bayern probably just don't have the depth of youth talent that other teams do.

Heard a few weeks ago that he was on the way out. Sorry to see but not surprising.

It would be great if we could develop every young player into a first team gem but it's not possible & delusional to think otherwise. I hope the lad does well for himself "once a blue etc".

The only youngster we've let go recently that didn't make a lot of sense to me was Marcos Lopes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.