Even doncasters chairmans having a pop at us

mancity89

Doncaster Rovers chairman John Ryan has slammed Manchester City for allowing Craig Bellamy to go out on loan to Cardiff.

The 31-year-old striker made his switch to the Bluebirds last week on a year-long deal, after falling down the pecking order at Eastlands under Roberto Mancini.

He marked his debut at the weekend by scoring one and setting up two as his hometown club put Doncaster to the sword and soundly beat them 4-0.

However, Rovers chairman Ryan believes the decision to allow Bellamy to leave on loan to a Championship side distorts the whole league, and says it is not a level playing field.

He told the Daily Mail: "Craig Bellamy's loan move to Cardiff will distort the integrity of the Championship. It is an incredibly competitive division.

"Handing a striker of Bellamy's quality to Cardiff - and paying most of his wages - undermines the sanctity of the competition. Manchester City shouldn't have done that. I feel let down by that, as do many other Championship chairmen.

"In no way do I blame Cardiff. I'd have been delighted to sign Craig at the Keepmoat, so it's not sour grapes. But if everyone goes to Cardiff and gets slammed 4-0 like us - and remember on-loan Bellamy scored one and set up two on Saturday - the result will be an unfair competition because Manchester City are bankrolling Cardiff's success."

Development
Ryan claims the loan system should be about developing young players and handing them the chance of first-team football, but is unhappy with the power of the Premier League.

"The loan system should be about sending out youngsters to become better footballers. That's what we do. Last year we took Jay Emmanuel-Thomas from Arsenal and Jordan Mutch from Birmingham," he added.

"There's no doubting that Bellamy will make Cardiff a better side, but no club in the Championship would be able to afford such a talent without the goodwill of the Premier League team.

"I say 'goodwill', but it's more about control. The control the Premier League elite have over the rest of football."

Who?

Haha, im really really loving being a city fan lately!

MCFC - Making history since 2010

I doubt if we are the first club to share in a loan palyers wage. Didn't we do it with Robi? Are we ruining Brazilian Football as well?

This chappie should either get over it or ask for the loan of one of lads and pay his wage.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Halfpenny said:
MCFC - The first team to simultaneously ruin two divisions.

I was at the Polar Bear Convention and Rights meeting this morning and they all voted in favour of blaming Man City for global warming
Also at fault for poverty in Africa, and for the floods in Pakistan.

With the bullshit that some of these guys are coming out with you'd think that Bellamy was the Welsh Maradona.
Take away Bellamy's assist and goal and they still managed to lose 1-0.
Maybe the chairman should bollock his strikers and midfielders for being shite-or did Bellamy play in goal aswell?

To be fair , you can see his point of view .........

but it's like eveything else , it's only being said because it's happened elsewhere ...... if the Bellamy deal had of been done with Doncaster , and not Cardiff , you can bet your sweet arse that you wouldn't have heard a peep out of him!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.