Ever Banega

Andouble

yeah, News of the World. Whatever. Center mid for Valencia, young and capped twice by Argentina.

MANCHESTER CITY are tracking Valencia midfielder Ever Banega.

The Argentina ace has been one of La Liga's top performers this season as the hard-up Spanish club have pushed Barcelona and Real Madrid for the title.

Banega, 21, nearly went on loan to Everton last summer for the season after returning from a similar year-long arrangement with Atletico Madrid.

He has since won a regular place in Valencia's first team and is now rated at around £20million.

City have had scouts watching Banega all season but are concerned that they may run into work-permit problems because the player only has an Argentine passport.

Agent Marcelo Simonian said: "It is not rare that English clubs ask after Banega.

"At the moment he wants to finish the season with Valencia and then see where he goes from there."

Banega has two caps for Argentina and is likely to make Diego Maradona's final squad of 22 for this summer's World Cup in South Africa.

He won a goal medal for his country at the 2008 Olympics in Beijing and has another three years left on his current contract at Valencia.

He is now a higher priority for City after they missed out on the signing on Banega's former Boca Juniors team-mate Fernando Gago.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/734292/MANCINI-TRACKING-VALENCIA-STAR.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/7 ... -STAR.html</a>

he's been very good for them this season after very nearly going on loan to Everton for the season

Sheikh n Bake said:
he's been very good for them this season after very nearly going on loan to Everton for the season

I see you've read the first 2 sentences of the article

is a very good player how ever how many of these kind of players (def mid) are we going to buy...before we start thinking bout attack minded players!!!!

daymo08 said:
is a very good player how ever how many of these kind of players (def mid) are we going to buy...before we start thinking bout attack minded players!!!!

I would say that he is more a box-to-box midfielder than a DM. He is more attacking minded that e.g. De Jong. He has great technique and forward passes.

There where high hopes for him when he joined Valencia almost 2 years ago, but he failed.
Now he is showing his abilities and skills.

I think he would be a good buy, but is he too small for "the Premier"? (I speak Mancini:-))

I would definitely prefer him to Gago...

gwailo said:
daymo08 said:

I would say that he is more a box-to-box midfielder than a DM. He is more attacking minded that e.g. De Jong. He has great technique and forward passes.

There where high hopes for him when he joined Valencia almost 2 years ago, but he failed.
Now he is showing his abilities and skills.

I think he would be a good buy, but is he too small for "the Premier"? (I speak Mancini:-))

I would definitely prefer him to Gago...
good point i would also prefer him to gago just would like someone creative eg berkovic,kinkladze type player what ya think?

Andouble said:
Sheikh n Bake said:

I see you've read the first 2 sentences of the article

I didn't bother reading it. Just thought I'd post what I've noticed of him

we were interested in him when sven as in charge i think,i remember reading about him in the muen on my dinner at work once.at the time he was at boca juniors i think.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.