Ever won anything?

Can’t remember if this is a old thread and I’ve already posted .But , my brother won the top prize in Joe Corrigan testimonial raffle .... only a mini City

Started work at this company in 2003 on the Monday before the Grand National. Dont bet on the horses (or anything) and am against the National on grounds of the number of deaths each year. On the Friday someone came round doing the office sweepstake. As it was my 1st week and settling in I didnt want to make a speech about animal cruelty and tell him to fuck off so handed over the £2 and was given a name.
On the Monday I walk in to be greeted with "isnt the new boy lucky" and "well done you lucky so and so".
I stood there and asked what they were going on about and one lad said "didnt you watch the National? You won!"
Had no interest in the race and had no idea but the £60 was well received.
The following year the same organiser came round again. I gave the rant and sent him on his way!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.