• Draw

Votes: 50 15.2%
  • Lose

Votes: 10 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton (and Koeman) need to make a statement of intent this season. If they go a couple down early doors they will definitely have to push to get goals back. They are certainly not going to be a team to shut up shop at 2-0 down. This will leave space in behind, and we have to be ruthless enough to exploit this without leaving ourselves open to the counter attack or long ball kick & rush tactics of the likes of Leicester. The last couple of seasons this has been an issue for us, but if we are to win anything this season, we have to go for the throat.
Let's hope you are right.
If they score first though, we will have a tough night ahead

We will pin them in there half! With no Lukaku who have they actually got to hit us on the break with pace? Or they going to rely on Rooney to touch the ball and dive for a free kick can only see us getting 3 to 5 goals

I really hope that it isn't another exercise in frustration tonight. I think we are utterly mesmerising to watch at times but time and again our beautiful build up is spoiled by ugly finishes. So many points wasted last season, it was the case against Spurs in pre-season and again against Brighton. At some point you feel we have to click but we still haven't many matches where our finishing is as good as the build up. Hopefully it happens tonight as we owe them badly for the hammering at Goodison and the robbery at home.

We will pin them in there half! With no Lukaku who have they actually got to hit us on the break with pace? Or they going to rely on Rooney to touch the ball and dive for a free kick can only see us getting 3 to 5 goals
I can see Shrek being a right pain in the arse tonight. He'll be desperate to get something against us, and I really wouldn't be surprised if he gets a dodgy pen. The more we keep the ball in their half, the better.

I can see Shrek being a right pain in the arse tonight. He'll be desperate to get something against us, and I really wouldn't be surprised if he gets a dodgy pen. The more we keep the ball in their half, the better.

Rooney was finished five years ago. Doubt very much he'll suddenly turn in a world class performance tonight. Unlikely. Probably get subbed off on the hour.

It will be tough tonight,would be nice to see us have a clinical 90 mins! Even at this early stage dropping points at home is not an option.

It will be tough tonight,would be nice to see us have a clinical 90 mins! Even at this early stage dropping points at home is not an option.

Yup, that was our main downfall last season. We must see an improvement tonite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.