Everton (H) - Sat 10th Feb, 12:30 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not too sure. without the deduction they'd probably not have had that 'golden patch' of a few results once they'd rolled over for the rags they went WWWW which isn't what you'd ever expect them to do especially as they followed that up with LLLDDDD.

That's pure speculation though

The fact is they've won 29 points on the pitch, not 19.

They still aren't very good.

Neither are some of the teams we failed to beat...Yet people are suggesting we rest Rodri, that was my point.

There's no room to be resting your most important player at this stage of the season. Take him off if the game is done, certainly. Starting without him? No, it's just inviting problems.

Radio silence- talk to no one- avoid all football contact. Get home- watch it on replay and it's like the game never happened.
I'm away until Sunday eve, will try to do silence and watch delayed live later in the day on IPTV... otherwise if we've not got the time the unthinkable could happen and I watch MOTD :(

It must be a headache for Pep to choose the XI with everyone fit. I'm sure he wants to keep guys content with their minutes but also not at the risk of messing up the current momentum. Guys like Nunes, Kovacic, and even Bobb probably deserve to play, but who do you drop? Is this a game you think of dropping Rodri due to his accumulation of yellow cards? It would also give him a rest before CL starts up.

Ederson
Akanji Dias Gvaridol
Stones Nunes
Doku Bobb Foden Grealish
Haaland​

Neither are some of the teams we failed to beat...Yet people are suggesting we rest Rodri, that was my point.

There's no room to be resting your most important player at this stage of the season. Take him off if the game is done, certainly. Starting without him? No, it's just inviting problems.
If Rodri is played too much he'll suffer from fatigue (like some games last season) and is more vulnerable to picking up an injury. And if he does what do we do? He said himself he needed a rest and due to Phillips not being up to standard he's had very little rest.

I think Pep will have a contingency plan for when Rodri can't play or needs resting, and we have several options to cover his position. I think kovacic Aki and Akanji are capable, but i think Stones playing there wouldn't be much of a downgrade, and he's probably the most likely to deputise for Rodri when we to give Rodders a well earned rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.