Everton (H) - Sun 21 Nov 14:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a funny thing, but I think I've witnessed more in-stadium violence between City and Everton than anyone. I still remember a first-class fistfight between two fans in the Kippax. The City fans literally formed a ring and no one intervened. The Everton lad was a game bugger, that's for sure. This would be the late 1960s.

I used to quite strongly dislike Everton, but I have gradually come round. Compared to Red Scouse and the Rags they are my best mates. We've had some great matches over the years, and their team that won the title in 1969-70 played lovely football.

Hope we stuff the sods.

It's a funny thing, but I think I've witnessed more in-stadium violence between City and Everton than anyone. I still remember a first-class fistfight between two fans in the Kippax. The City fans literally formed a ring and no one intervened. The Everton lad was a game bugger, that's for sure. This would be the late 1960s.

I used to quite strongly dislike Everton, but I have gradually come round. Compared to Red Scouse and the Rags they are my best mates. We've had some great matches over the years, and their team that won the title in 1969-70 played lovely football.

Hope we stuff the sods.
Went to quite a few City v Everton games at both Maine Road and Goodison back in the 80s. Atmosphere was often pretty unpleasant to say the least. Particularly remember running battles in the Platt Lane at one match back in the early 80s ,the one when Heath scored a goal of the season contender for them....(never did that for us did he!).
Had a ticket for the FA Cup quarter final the previous season at Goodison, but it was one of the few times my parents refused to let me go because they were so concerned about my safety...gutted I missed that one (as much for the celebrations after Paul Powers late equaliser as much as anything!)
Mid/late 80s they had a very good team, winning the title twice. When Moyes was their manager (and they normally got some really 'scruffy' victories against us) I went through a phase of disliking them a fair bit.
At the moment I don't really have any strong feelings either way, do ofcourse always want them to win the Merseyside Derby!

Went to quite a few City v Everton games at both Maine Road and Goodison back in the 80s. Atmosphere was often pretty unpleasant to say the least. Particularly remember running battles in the Platt Lane at one match back in the early 80s ,the one when Heath scored a goal of the season contender for them....(never did that for us did he!).
Had a ticket for the FA Cup quarter final the previous season at Goodison, but it was one of the few times my parents refused to let me go because they were so concerned about my safety...gutted I missed that one (as much for the celebrations after Paul Powers late equaliser as much as anything!)
Mid/late 80s they had a very good team, winning the title twice. When Moyes was their manager (and they normally got some really 'scruffy' victories against us) I went through a phase of disliking them a fair bit.
At the moment I don't really have any strong feelings either way, do ofcourse always want them to win the Merseyside Derby!
81 FA Cup Quarter Final at Goodison was scary, some proper naughty stuff going down all day and after the match getting back to Lime Street was a nightmare, even the train got bricked well outside the station.

That FACup QF in 81 makes it into my top 20 City games. Absolute joy when Paul Power got the equaliser. Then again, remember getting mullered by them 5 years later at Goodison. Lineker got a hatrick. They did have a decent side then mind.
Went to that QF. Great celebrations but got such a kicking outside Stanley Park I didn't go back until the 2014 title run in game. Which is probably my favourite away game ever. Try to go to Goodison every year now. Always have a good laugh with the Blue Scousers in the Tom Frost pub

81 FA Cup Quarter Final at Goodison was scary, some proper naughty stuff going down all day and after the match getting back to Lime Street was a nightmare, even the train got bricked well outside the station.
We were caught up in the almighty scrap where everything merges after the match and after taking and throwing punches, incredibly there was a black cab in the middle of it, so we got in and said just get us the fcuk out of here mate! We told him where our van was parked but he said he wouldn't go there right now so we asked him to take us to a safe pub. We ended up in a market traders pub and it was sound, but we sat in 2 x 2's and i at the bar, nobody really talking. Loads of blue scousers kept passing and we were just praying that they wouldn't come in & thankfully they didn't! We had a couple of vary nervous pints each, then started slopping off in the 2 x 2's and 1, when we left one of the market guys said "dont worry lads, you were safe in here as those bloody dickheads know better than to come in here and start a fuss!" ............ wish he would have said that when we got in there!
We made it back safely to our van and drove back to Rochdale, living to tell the story :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.