Everton (home) Semi Final Tickets

The club have made it very easy for Everton fans to buy tickets in the home end.....I know quite a few that have simply joined on line as they don't have a Merseyside post code and bought tickets. Also, any fans within Merseyside are contacting mates or branches outside of Liverpool and requesting that tickets are bought on their behalf....we should have given them more tickets if the demand was there

I am studding the seat sales today and what is left - will update my estimate later. People under estimate how many people buy late. Upto 2000 will turn up on the night without a ticket and just look to buy from the ticket office.

Its kind of on a par with Maine Road, the ground would be half empty then bang on 3bells it would be rammed, kinda like our ground to date, it must be just city fans guzzling the last of their fill of grog a la beginning of the 2nd half....last minute goals,last minute fans:)

I've no idea what the attendance will be and of course the opening of level three or not will set the capacity but, from what I'm hearing, this is possibly going to be our 2nd highest League Cup home attendance of all time. If not 2nd then possibly 3rd. It can't be the highest because our capacity is smaller.

Yet despite this there's been quite a lot if doom and gloom about crowd figures. We all want a full stadium but making allowance for the SAF*, no other League Cup semi of ours has sold out, and this could well be our best since 1969. It's also going to be larger than any other LC semi this year. We should turn these things into positives and ensure the world sees this as a positive, not another negative.

* SAF means 'Swales adjusted figures' not 'seasonally adjusted figs' or a certain former manager

The club have made it very easy for Everton fans to buy tickets in the home end.....I know quite a few that have simply joined on line as they don't have a Merseyside post code and bought tickets. Also, any fans within Merseyside are contacting mates or branches outside of Liverpool and requesting that tickets are bought on their behalf....we should have given them more tickets if the demand was there

Yet on the ticket section of the website it says this:

"Sales Criteria: For safety purposes, tickets for this match are only available for purchase by Manchester City FC supporters with a registered address outside of Liverpool and selected surrounding postcodes, and/or were a Cityzens member, or who have previously purchased a ticket to attend a Manchester City first team game at the Etihad Stadium, on or before Wednesday 2nd December 2015. Full sales criteria and restrictions can be found here."

So how can someone join online after 2nd December to get tickets? The only way they can get in our end is if they ask registered City fans with a previous purchase history to get them for them.

Edit: Just read that statement again and it looks like you could sign up and buy without a previous purchase history as long as you had a registered address "outside of Liverpool and selected surrounding postcodes". Oh dear!

Last edited:
I've no idea what the attendance will be and of course the opening of level three or not will set the capacity but, from what I'm hearing, this is possibly going to be our 2nd highest League Cup home attendance of all time. If not 2nd then possibly 3rd. It can't be the highest because our capacity is smaller.

Yet despite this there's been quite a lot if doom and gloom about crowd figures. We all want a full stadium but making allowance for the SAF*, no other League Cup semi of ours has sold out, and this could well be our best since 1969. It's also going to be larger than any other LC semi this year. We should turn these things into positives and ensure the world sees this as a positive, not another negative.

* SAF means 'Swales adjusted figures' not 'seasonally adjusted figs' or a certain former manager

Exactly.

i can still remember a twinge of disappointment (how sad) that the semi against Boro in 75/6 was only 45,000 or so when we could hold 52,000.

2010 against United Gary? Pretty sure that was a sell out

Yet on the ticket section of the website it says this:

"Sales Criteria: For safety purposes, tickets for this match are only available for purchase by Manchester City FC supporters with a registered address outside of Liverpool and selected surrounding postcodes, and/or were a Cityzens member, or who have previously purchased a ticket to attend a Manchester City first team game at the Etihad Stadium, on or before Wednesday 2nd December 2015. Full sales criteria and restrictions can be found here."

So how can someone join online after 2nd December to get tickets? The only way they can get in our end is if they ask registered City fans with a previous purchase history to get them for them.
The proof will be on the night but I know many that have easily done it this way....Everton will have massive support all over the ground and will be as vocal and as noisy as anything we have seen at the Etihad. We will have to be the 12th Man on the night to help us get to Wembley

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.