Everton hypocrisy - the ’Mersey Millionaires’

I think it was Fat Ash at Newcastle who didn't return their call, Everton refused to hand over their books to allow due diligence to be carried out. Then again, I might have got that the wrong way round.
My understanding is that Ashley said something to the effect of "Offer me £500m and I'll think about it." Everton refused to sign the non-disclosure agreements demanded by ADUG. That worked out well for both of them. I wish we'd been more principled like them and told ADUG where to go.

My understanding is that Ashley said something to the effect of "Offer me £500m and I'll think about it." Everton refused to sign the non-disclosure agreements demanded by ADUG. That worked out well for both of them. I wish we'd been more principled like them and told ADUG where to go.

Even if they had entered into serious talks with both those clubs, there's no saying we would have lost out. Neither of them could offer what we had. Firstly a cross city rivalry with the most successful club in the country and self proclaimed biggest club in the world. Which in turn automatically guaranteed a huge amount of publicity. Secondly and perhaps more importantly, a huge expanse of available land around the stadium.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.