Everton mess up hahaha

NinoK said:
definetely sign the guy. wouldn't exactly break the bank with his wages (he was on what, 3k/week in Everton?) and he can provide decent cover for the cups and early Europa League stages. from what i've seen he can play anywhere in the right side of the pitch and in midfield. let him have a kick about with the reserves too, then sell him next season unless he performs.

3K a week? After a few first team games his agent would be knocking on the door for 60k.

My post in the other thread:

The only real down side on this from an Everton point of view is that we've missed out on compensation which would have been useful given our finances.

He's a very average player who doesn't make it on to our bench when everyone is fit. A poor man's Osman if you will, He's a decent squad player but was never going to be a regular for us, especially in his preffered position. As I said, shame we'll miss out on compensation but I won't lose any sleep over this.

EDIT: Take it from someone who has watched every single match he's played for us and not just highlights on MOTD, he's not even close to being good enough for you.

The simple fact that this 'verbal agreement' was only for a 1 year extension compared with the 5 year deal Rodwell signed should show you the difference in potential.

Gwladiator said:

The only real down side on this from an Everton point of view is that we've missed out on compensation which would have been useful given our finances.

He's a very average player who doesn't make it on to our bench when everyone is fit. A poor man's Osman if you will, He's a decent squad player but was never going to be a regular for us, especially in his preffered position. As I said, shame we'll miss out on compensation but I won't lose any sleep over this.

EDIT: Take it from someone who has watched every single match he's played for us and not just highlights on MOTD, he's not even close to being good enough for you.

The simple fact that this 'verbal agreement' was only for a 1 year extension compared with the 5 year deal Rodwell signed should show you the difference in potential.
Yes.

But the compo would have been along the lines of 3 million.

Which would have almost doubled your transfer budget.

Bluemoon115 said:
Yes.

But the compo would have been along the lines of 3 million.

Which would have almost doubled your transfer budget.

Which could have funded moves for 2 more youngsters.

Gwladiator said:

how do you see your transfer dealings so far? hardly inspiring up to date, looks like we were a few years hanging round the bargain basement. or is there a moyes surprise up the sleeve.

This can't be true. Everyone at Everton is there because they love scousers, crumbling stadia, royal blue and chomping on toffee. They have the best manager in the universe and would happily play for free, contract or no contract, unlike our mercenaries and charlatans. More media bullshit, obviously.

tonea2003 said:
how do you see your transfer dealings so far? hardly inspiring up to date, looks like we were a few years hanging round the bargain basement. or is there a moyes surprise up the sleeve.

In comparison with this time last year it's a definite improvement. It's nice to see us bringing in a flurry of youngsters and squad players early so we've at least improved our depth. I'd only expect 1 or 2 proper signings at the expense of 1 or 2 first teamers but if the ones to leave are Pienaar and Yakubu and they are replaced, I'd be pleased.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.