Everton - Post match thread.

I think not conceding first would help us greatly! I find it very frustrating to watch nowadays. it's just the price of playing the way we do though. Opposition coaches know we are prone to conceding a goal and if they defend well enough it might give them an unexpected point. It worked well last season. Hopefully it won't this season as much!

Yes ideally we need to score early. I almost think we should " Rope a dope" them like Ali used to, allow them possession and hit them hard and fast. We dropped too many points last season at home and have already dropped two this season.

Speak for yourself mate, this fan understands that the difficult takes time, & the impossible take a little longer. Our task isn't impossible, but it's highly probable that by the time we get ourselves together and click as a team, it could be too late for a title challenge and we could be out of this seasons three cup competitions. I fail to see why anyone would be pissed off if all things are considered carefully.

I never said all fans. As i stated a lot will be cheesed off if we draw another blank, trophy wise.

GazBaz got booked after two minutes when he was at EFC. My ERO suggested the same thing for EFC players - first tackle, a booking. It is cheating in its clearest form. People go on and on about lack of consistency in the way the Whistling Wankers go about their business but MCFC seem to be given no leeway, no second chances nor final warnings - the first booking is the warning! There is a reluctance on the part of some referees to issue a second yellow, and just consider the cards that MadMan doled out on Monday. The very example of inconsistency, not particularly in our game, but you just know that if he's next up at The Swamp there will be a marked leniency when it comes to the likes of Foullaini, Matic, Rojo, and Poogba! it's stark staringly and blatantly obvious.
I don't necessarily believe there is some crazy behind the scenes back handers going to referees it is more the media love fest for certain clubs and players that must stay imprinted on referees minds when they make a decision.

If an 'evil' Arab oil money player makes a tackle he is most likely to get booked rather than a guy who plays at the 'theatre of dreams' out of love and not for the money etc etc

That's the corruption for me the media. Bastards.

I never said all fans. As i stated a lot will be cheesed off if we draw another blank, trophy wise.
I'll be cheesed off, but I'll be even more cheesed off if we end the season much the way we've started it. If we progress and collect a trophy or two over the course of the season, then great, if not, a good amount of progression will do me with a view of success in 2018/19. Logically, this is when we should really be looking for our progress bringing success considering where we've been with Pellegrini & FFP over the last 4-5 years mate.

It's been two competitive games. We haven't started as well as last year and look at how that turned out. I think we have a great title shout in us this season as we have a very strong squad just taking time to gel with each other. I'll judge properly after I see Mendy and Gundogan back in the team.

I don't necessarily believe there is some crazy behind the scenes back handers going to referees it is more the media love fest for certain clubs and players that must stay imprinted on referees minds when they make a decision.

If an 'evil' Arab oil money player makes a tackle he is most likely to get booked rather than a guy who plays at the 'theatre of dreams' out of love and not for the money etc etc

That's the corruption for me the media. Bastards.

I think Ref's are prone to mistakes as they are human - Think they balance themselves out over the course of the season. Thing is, Walker acted stupidly. On a yellow, and he gave the ref an opportunity. Anyway, onwards and upwards. I like games like Monday night, we have to show fight and we did. Bossed an top 6 side with 10 men and should have won. Lets see how this season unfolds.

I think Ref's are prone to mistakes as they are human - Think they balance themselves out over the course of the season. Thing is, Walker acted stupidly. On a yellow, and he gave the ref an opportunity. Anyway, onwards and upwards. I like games like Monday night, we have to show fight and we did. Bossed an top 6 side with 10 men and should have won. Lets see how this season unfolds.

With ya, with the exception of the highlighted sentences. Disagree with those. He didn't do a damned thing, stupid or otherwise, that gave the ref "an opportunity." He is a defender, is he not supposed to challenge a player for the ball? I can see a clumsy tackle, or leaving his feet, or pulling a shirt, or even an innocuous handball that gets treated like it was 100% deliberate...but backing in to gain an advantage on a high ball??? Not having it.

That said, the fight shown was tremendous, even if some of the attacking was less than inspired. What was good was a confidence booster for Raz, a run out for Bernardo, and players filling in all over the field to blunt any and all counters.

It's a long season and that fight back draw may end up being worth more than just one point!

Come on now they don't balance themselves out.

I totally agree with your sentiments. The first 2 matches of this season showed we are far from the finished article and that we still have a long way to go. I still believe we have the quality to win something this season, but I won't be marching on the Etihad with a burning torch if we don't. Thankfully very few people are seriously calling for Pep's head on a platter if we don't win anything.

Question to the Pep Out Campaigners: If not Pep, then who?

Dont think there are many 'Pep out ' campaigners. I am certainly not one. However the guy has proved he is far from infallible and I think it's fair to criticise or scrutinize his decisions and the teams progress under him on a football forum.

I haven't seen much great football since he took over. A few glimpses maybe. He has spent lots of money and now I think he has to get the best out of his talented squad (and youth team). Rather than going back to the transfer market. Top quality managers improve their players and give them the confidence and system for them to thrive.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.