Everton thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
not sure anyone would buy any of them. how do you get rid of some of that deadwood. even on paper you could see that squad was a midtable one and that's how it panned out. going backwards on and off the pitch
Its weird, when I look at the Everton squad, on paper, I'm like 'good player' 'good player' 'good player', but then when they're actually on the pitch they're pretty poor and never a threat.

Its weird, when I look at the Everton squad, on paper, I'm like 'good player' 'good player' 'good player', but then when they're actually on the pitch they're pretty poor and never a threat.
the players have showed on several occasions this year, no passion, poor workrate and sheer lack of vision and mobility. at least 5 of those players has failed their managers previously. we can't match a team like city for talent and ability but our workrate should be comparable. no one chasing or running for the ball- look at city when you were three up-still running and hassling us.

Why is that? And I know our fans go on about how Duncan Ferguson should bully them into playing well, but he's the assistant manager, he spends loads of time with them and yet here we are. It's like there's some kind of disease infecting the team that sucks the life out of good players. I don't know if it's down to individual players or what and it drives me mad that I can't pinpoint what it is. This shit has been going on since Martinez, and yet most of that squad have gone.

Someone on another forum I frequent said this:
Coleman is the only still player with some guts. We’ve signed a lot of very skilful footballers to play in different positions all over the last 7 years but they are all the same between the ears - languid and relaxed. The few players we’ve signed that do have a bit of fight (Richi, digne) have softened to the fit in with the rest. Need 5 or 6 Allan/Godfrey type players basically before they slacken off too. I love Ancelotti but he does seem baffled about how to deal with it. Personally I’d get rid of Brands and let Ancelotti sign and sell who he wants. My fear is that he’ll have had enough and sod off to Spurs or back to Madrid.

Godfrey is incredible. Shocking he’s not been called up for England. A bargain even at the 22 million odd we paid for him. Most toffees are just sick of the lack of fight and effort in the team. Watching us play is like watching a 90 minutes live version of the intro to shine on you crazy diamond. We’ve never lost 9 home games in season and never once have we given a toss about it. Every player we sign just seems to put their feet up on the desk and skin up after one season. Gomes being a good example - he was brilliant until we signed him permanently and got injured, since then has been literally nothing. What a waste of having one of the best managers of all time.
Also, I know I ask this a lot but why are other Everton fans so obsessed with passion? It seems to be a thing among our fans and Wednesday as well, that when we lose it's down to a lack of passion, and when we win, it's because we played passionately. Maybe it's because I'm autistic and I have trouble understanding people in general, but I don't get why so many of our fans blame the team's crapness on not being passionate enough. Nobody has ever been able to answer my question. They just usually say it means chasing every ball and getting stuck in, but what's that got to do with emotion? How can you tell if a team is playing passionately? Red cards? Fighting? Screaming at refs? Pickford certainly is emotional but a fat lot of good he was yesterday. Fouling the shit out of the opposition hasn't helped us either. City are a well-drilled unit with a manager who's good at adapting his line-ups in an injury crisis. I don't know if I'd call them passionate, except KdB. I'd definitely describe City as a hardworking side though. Look at how they turned it around in the CL semi final.

I think that game against us in that midweek which was cancelled took the wind out of your sails instead of kicking on it deflated you which is unfortunate. Since that time heads have dropped and you couldn’t get back to what you were doing well earlier in the season.
I think you need a striker for certain

Damn fucking right we need a striker. And some players who are actually consistent.
That Tom Davies is an absolute Carthorse. He’s Bolton level in my opinion. Shite, kicks anything that moves, nowhere near good enough for a club your size. Awful. Dines out on that goal he scored against us, and that’s it.

Why is that? And I know our fans go on about how Duncan Ferguson should bully them into playing well, but he's the assistant manager, he spends loads of time with them and yet here we are. It's like there's some kind of disease infecting the team that sucks the life out of good players. I don't know if it's down to individual players or what and it drives me mad that I can't pinpoint what it is. This shit has been going on since Martinez, and yet most of that squad have gone.

Also, I know I ask this a lot but why are other Everton fans so obsessed with passion? It seems to be a thing among our fans and Wednesday as well, that when we lose it's down to a lack of passion, and when we win, it's because we played passionately. Maybe it's because I'm autistic and I have trouble understanding people in general, but I don't get why so many of our fans blame the team's crapness on not being passionate enough. Nobody has ever been able to answer my question. They just usually say it means chasing every ball and getting stuck in, but what's that got to do with emotion? How can you tell if a team is playing passionately? Red cards? Fighting? Screaming at refs? Pickford certainly is emotional but a fat lot of good he was yesterday. Fouling the shit out of the opposition hasn't helped us either. City are a well-drilled unit with a manager who's good at adapting his line-ups in an injury crisis. I don't know if I'd call them passionate, except KdB. I'd definitely describe City as a hardworking side though. Look at how they turned it around in the CL semi finaoint about passion. Think city possibly get it from the culture now lead by Pep of involving everyone e.g you often see the subs celebrating a goal so they're all enjoying the others success so it's not really 11 blokes fist pumping and breathiire at the opposition. Also in any sport the very best players make the

Also, I know I ask this a lot but why are other Everton fans so obsessed with passion? It seems to be a thing among our fans and Wednesday as well, that when we lose it's down to a lack of passion, and when we win, it's because we played passionately. Maybe it's because I'm autistic and I have trouble understanding people in general, but I don't get why so many of our fans blame the team's crapness on not being passionate enough. Nobody has ever been able to answer my question. They just usually say it means chasing every ball and getting stuck in, but what's that got to do with emotion? How can you tell if a team is playing passionately? Red cards? Fighting? Screaming at refs? Pickford certainly is emotional but a fat lot of good he was yesterday. Fouling the shit out of the opposition hasn't helped us either. City are a well-drilled unit with a manager who's good at adapting his line-ups in an injury crisis. I don't know if I'd call them passionate, except KdB. I'd definitely describe City as a hardworking side though. Look at how they turned it around in the CL semi fin

Interesting point about passion. The traditional British view is probably 11 blokes fist pumping and breathing fire. Think city have it but more through a togetherness culture where eg you see the subs staff etc all celebrating together.

Interesting point about passion. The traditional British view is probably 11 blokes fist pumping and breathing fire. Think city have it but more through a togetherness culture where eg you see the subs staff etc all celebrating together.
Yes they celebrate as a team and want each other to do well. You can see the bond.

Also, I know I ask this a lot but why are other Everton fans so obsessed with passion? It seems to be a thing among our fans and Wednesday as well, that when we lose it's down to a lack of passion, and when we win, it's because we played passionately. Maybe it's because I'm autistic and I have trouble understanding people in general, but I don't get why so many of our fans blame the team's crapness on not being passionate enough. Nobody has ever been able to answer my question. They just usually say it means chasing every ball and getting stuck in, but what's that got to do with emotion? How can you tell if a team is playing passionately? Red cards? Fighting? Screaming at refs? Pickford certainly is emotional but a fat lot of good he was yesterday. Fouling the shit out of the opposition hasn't helped us either. City are a well-drilled unit with a manager who's good at adapting his line-ups in an injury crisis. I don't know if I'd call them passionate, except KdB. I'd definitely describe City as a hardworking side though. Look at how they turned it around in the CL semi final.
Whaddya mean "another forum"? Thought you were ours and ours alone.
Really upset now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.