Everton Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damning indictment of our recruitment in the last few years that Tarkowski and McNeil improve us a lot. I was undecided on Tarkowski when we got him but he's been very good so far. Im really suprised by his ability on the ball too, he's very composed.

McNeil l have always been a fan of. Had a poor season last year but was their best player on the run in, playing from the right which is where I think he will pkay for us. Still only 22 and has potential, just hope he fulfills it as we havent improved a player in years.

Looks like Gana coming back too on a free - love him. We really struggled to replace him and its amusing that he's the replacement.

We still need another forward and at least 1 CM though
Not being sarky here, but does it matter what's gone on in "the last few years"? They're gone, history. It's what you do from here on that counts. Tarkowski, I'm not sure about. But I saw McNeil have some decent games for Burnley. Not sure how he'll psychologically handle the downgrade, mind.

;-)

Posted before about the great, footballing English teams I've witnessed and appreciated over the years since The Old Man first took me to Maine Road, most notably

- Spurs 60-62 under Bill Nicholson
- Forest 77-82 under Cloughie
- Villa's title year under (yes!) Saunders
- Liverpool 77-80 under Paisley
- Arsenal mid-90s under Wenger

But for me, good as they were, none of them were as thrilling to watch as that Everton side under Kendall. Pace, skill and an amazing work ethic throughout the team. And the jewel in its crown (again, for me) was Kevin Sheedy.. what a player, great vision and what a left peg!

Everton should have at least one European Cup to its name. We all know who's to blame for the fact that the club doesn't to this day..
Sherry was excellent and I also admired Trevor Steven on the opposite flank. We all saw how good Peter Reid was during his Indian Summer with us.

Not being sarky here, but does it matter what's gone on in "the last few years"? They're gone, history. It's what you do from here on that counts. Tarkowski, I'm not sure about. But I saw McNeil have some decent games for Burnley. Not sure how he'll psychologically handle the downgrade, mind.

;-)

It matters because its put us and Lampard in a position where we can only spend limited funds this season again (like last season) due to the awful past recruitment. Hence going for the likes of Tarkowski on a free and McNeil for a cheap down payment (apparently wanted Cornet but Burnley wouldnt accept £3/4m upfront. They would for McNeil.

Hopefully these signings pay off

Here we go, match day has arrived. Off I will plod to the ground tonight with no idea what to expect.

Just have to trust Frank and hope the signings fit in. Can't expect much, but not being in a relegation fight would be nice. Time will tell. Up the Toffees

Here we go, match day has arrived. Off I will plod to the ground tonight with no idea what to expect.

Just have to trust Frank and hope the signings fit in. Can't expect much, but not being in a relegation fight would be nice. Time will tell. Up the Toffees
It mightn't be the worst time to play Chelsea. Apparently, they've had a poor pre season (twatted 4-0 by Arsenal, weren't they?), and a few new faces that need to gel.

It mightn't be the worst time to play Chelsea. Apparently, they've had a poor pre season (twatted 4-0 by Arsenal, weren't they?), and a few new faces that need to gel.
we got a 4-0 bashing by some team I have never heard of ha ha.

I am always hopeful, until kick off anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.