Everton Thread - 2023/24

What were they meant to do roll over and let us tickle their bellies? It is down to the ref to manage the game, he let Tarkowski off with alot of shit but that is on the ref no one else.
Exactly. You play to your strengths - as we have done over decades of seeing City sides of varying "strengths" and capabilities.

Despite all the sycophantic garbage from the pundits last night I honesty thought that was the worse I have seen Everton play for a long time. Did they manage more than three shots on target? They may not be the worst side in the PL but I don't really get the "Dyche is a football genius" narrative. Luton certainly looked better when we played them. They are always physical but last night they seemed pretty clueless. We gifted them the goal.

We are wiped. 2 of our most energetic players in Doucoure and Gana were out and Gomes had just come back from being MIA for months but is a slug anyway. Dyche not a fan of subs and with the xmas schedule it was always going to be a stretch chasing the ball for 70/80 mins.

Dyche has realised that this team are not equipped to have possession. We had a lot in our first 3/4 games and got beat. He's found that we are better soaking up pressure and hitting on the break. Very sloppy on the ball last night when we had it.

But for the deduction we would be 10th and only 5 points off Utd in 5th so he's doing really well given the circumstancea and the circus over the last 2 years. We have a bit more stability back. He's had £0 to spend so he's working with players from 4/5 different managers. They do seem to be playing for him though

Staying in the league this season is a priority so if that means 30% possession and defending in most games, but results in safety, ill take it.

Next season, I would hope we would improve on that and play a bit more.

We are wiped. 2 of our most energetic players in Doucoure and Gana were out and Gomes had just come back from being MIA for months but is a slug anyway. Dyche not a fan of subs and with the xmas schedule it was always going to be a stretch chasing the ball for 70/80 mins.

Dyche has realised that this team are not equipped to have possession. We had a lot in our first 3/4 games and got beat. He's found that we are better soaking up pressure and hitting on the break. Very sloppy on the ball last night when we had it.

But for the deduction we would be 10th and only 5 points off Utd in 5th so he's doing really well given the circumstancea and the circus over the last 2 years. We have a bit more stability back. He's had £0 to spend so he's working with players from 4/5 different managers. They do seem to be playing for him though

Staying in the league this season is a priority so if that means 30% possession and defending in most games, but results in safety, ill take it.

Next season, I would hope we would improve on that and play a bit more.
Fair enough. You watch them more than me but I honestly thought Everton were terrible last night and couldn’t understand the pundits at half time. I thought we should have been three up at half time. The FFP thing is a disgrace so I hope you stay up.

Fair enough. You watch them more than me but I honestly thought Everton were terrible last night and couldn’t understand the pundits at half time. I thought we should have been three up at half time. The FFP thing is a disgrace so I hope you stay up.

We were ok in the first half last night. Set out what he wanted them to do, all behind the ball then try to press in certain areas. I think they were pointing to that. We looked worse as other teams may panic with the press, with you we have to be very careful as you are masters of getting out of it. So we didnt push as much as usual or we would have been cut open.

Its not great to watch anyway. We can play a bit when we want but I think Dyche likes the ball to go forward when we have it, there is no patient possession.

Hopefully we just grind it out the next few months and can start fresh.

I was disappointed to hear that from them. We're probably the only ally they had. Both sets of supporters detest the Premier League. Seems like they've been taken in by the double speak from their neighbours.
Make no mistake, if they drop out the premier league, liverpool will dance on their grave.
I wanted them to beat the premier league rap before last night. Now I'm indifferent at best.

As an older blue, I see so many parallels between Everton and us, before the investment. I spent yesterday on the ale in Liverpool with Everton lads I’ve known for 25 years and they are absolutely sound. They were sanguine after, but proud enough that this year they had got stuck in and actually had a go. Also hugely gracious about us and complimentary about Foden in particular, although they to a man missed the irony in our cheats, don’t get caught, song. City shouldn’t wish Everton any ill, they are the decent working class side of Liverpool, grounded, the opposite of their verminous neighbours and in many ways, for many years, our mirror image.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.