Everton v United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latics Fan SJK

Wasn't sure whether to stick this in the 'Weekends other games' thread, but as it's not weekend anymore, I decided not to.

Anyway, thoughts on this game?

Camelgob is out for 3-4 weeks apparently and I don't think Evans is match fit which means Carrick is likely to deputise at CB. Still unsure as to whether RVP will start.

Mirallas didn't sign in time to play for Everton tonight and I'm sure Fellaini is injured which means the ever-incredible Gibson is likely to play.

Starting XI's (I imagine):

...................Howard..................
Hibbert....Jageilka....Distin....Baines
........Neville...Heitinga...Gibson.....
...Pienaar.......................Osman...
....................Jelavic..................

Rarely does Moyes go 4-4-2 however with United probably having Carrick at CB, he might sense an opportunity in which Anichebe might get the nod and one of Heitinga & Distin drops out.

....................de Gea...................
Rafael.....Carrick.......Vidic.......Evra
.............Scholes...Anderson.........
Valencia.........Rooney.........Kagawa
......................RVP......................

Anderson might get the nod over Cleverley. The real question mark is whether RVP starts. I think Valencia will get the nod over Nani as he is better defensively.

Should be a good game. I still think Everton lack something going forward and they don't have much creativity. That being said, they still slapped 4 past United at OT last season!

If I was to bet, I'd go 2-1 or 3-1 to United.

Everton aren't half the team without Fellaini. Still if they can somehow create a chance or 2 for Jelavic.....we live in hope.
Which team is the least rusty?
After the 4-4, anything is possible.

A tough opening game for anyone away at Everton and I think the rags will struggle for a win
If Everton show a determination and are organised, I think we may see a 0-0 stalemate

Don't underestimate what a massive lift RVP will do to the scums dressing room.. After last season shock of losing the league in the last 30 seconds, it would be hard to pick them selves up, also how teams finish the season is usually how they start one.. The scums record at Everton is something like 1 loss in 14 years so I expect a win for the scum a draw for Everton would be great

I got Everton winning this 2-1 as I have heard Carrick is an emergency defender tonight and Rafael is chosen in front of Splinter so happy days for the Everton attack

Really hope they lose points in this match. For us Everton away always a struggle and best we can hope for is a draw.

A good 2 points lead would be good for us already in the first round even if it will be back to egal after we draw Liverpool and they win their match.

Everton starts slowly though so possible United win.

Everton will win. No creativity in rags midfield will allow Everton to control the game and not concede. rags won't score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.