Everton Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Badwool76 said:
MCFCDroylsdenBlue said:
black mamba said:
Everton will never be a bigger club than City ..... even if we really had NO history !

Yes , Goodison can have it's moments ...... but Maine Road could , on its finest occasions , equal ANY grounds atmosphere.

Everton deserved the points yesterday , if only because they wanted them more ....... you held on in the final 20 minutes , broke away , and scored a second goal .... but prior to that , your opening goal aside , the game was hardly full of genuine quality , more a case of Everton putting in a bit more effort than our own side did.

Going to be blunt here mate, i don't exactly like Everton but only in a healthy manc/scouser banter way. Yes Everton have won than us but to say their bigger atm is just clutching at straws. While i'm not going to slag your club/manager/players off, you can't exactly sign the players we can sign, before your throw the money into it, you can't deny Dzeko, Aguero etc signed for ambition (this doesnt include Robinho or Tevez)

All fans have a pop at us and call us a small club with money because we were the ones who got took over. If you woke up tomorrw and it said SSN a middle eastern billionaire has bought Everton, you'll be doing rolly pollys down your street. If you look into Uniteds, Liverpools and Arsenals history you'll see that somewhere money was put into the clubs to make them better and its the only way to catch them up.

I personally don't think Everton will get top 4, but you never know and your fans do have a right to be optimistic seeing as you won this week and Spuds lost. And also it's not that we're deluded, some of us expect our players to win games, its frustrating being 15 points behind and being half the team we where last season but thats life and i just keep reminding myself of pre 2009. Anyway good luck for the rest of the season and lets hope you finish above them red ***** from down the road at Anfield, their fans are deluded!

Oh and as for stadium atmospheres, most in England are shite compared to Germany, Turkey etc.
No being funny here though mate but if the world ended tomorrow and there was list of English footballing honours put up YOU would be below US.
Now you can dress that up anyway you see fit. Call me what you like cause frankly it matters not and you know it.

You are living in the here and now football wise and I don't blame you because you're trophy cabinet hasn't exactly been bulging has it. You are trying to MAKE history......you see where we are going here don't you.

I hate to say it but I am starting to see why some United fans laugh at you

As someone pointed out before that you ignored in the article submitted you bought your history but keep dodging that one. We do have history both sides which ever way you percieve it if that's trophies or generally.

If what makes you happy when you see City winning trophies now is the thought your team were once good then go for it grab onto anything if that makes you happier.

Also no, we were laughed at being in the 3rd tied of English football playing York,Wrexham etc. They can laugh all they want now at the champions of they wish but they will look very very stupid.

Badwool76 said:
MCFCDroylsdenBlue said:
black mamba said:
Everton will never be a bigger club than City ..... even if we really had NO history !

Yes , Goodison can have it's moments ...... but Maine Road could , on its finest occasions , equal ANY grounds atmosphere.

Everton deserved the points yesterday , if only because they wanted them more ....... you held on in the final 20 minutes , broke away , and scored a second goal .... but prior to that , your opening goal aside , the game was hardly full of genuine quality , more a case of Everton putting in a bit more effort than our own side did.

Going to be blunt here mate, i don't exactly like Everton but only in a healthy manc/scouser banter way. Yes Everton have won than us but to say their bigger atm is just clutching at straws. While i'm not going to slag your club/manager/players off, you can't exactly sign the players we can sign, before your throw the money into it, you can't deny Dzeko, Aguero etc signed for ambition (this doesnt include Robinho or Tevez)

All fans have a pop at us and call us a small club with money because we were the ones who got took over. If you woke up tomorrw and it said SSN a middle eastern billionaire has bought Everton, you'll be doing rolly pollys down your street. If you look into Uniteds, Liverpools and Arsenals history you'll see that somewhere money was put into the clubs to make them better and its the only way to catch them up.

I personally don't think Everton will get top 4, but you never know and your fans do have a right to be optimistic seeing as you won this week and Spuds lost. And also it's not that we're deluded, some of us expect our players to win games, its frustrating being 15 points behind and being half the team we where last season but thats life and i just keep reminding myself of pre 2009. Anyway good luck for the rest of the season and lets hope you finish above them red ***** from down the road at Anfield, their fans are deluded!

Oh and as for stadium atmospheres, most in England are shite compared to Germany, Turkey etc.
No being funny here though mate but if the world ended tomorrow and there was list of English footballing honours put up YOU would be below US.
Now you can dress that up anyway you see fit. Call me what you like cause frankly it matters not and you know it.

You are living in the here and now football wise and I don't blame you because you're trophy cabinet hasn't exactly been bulging has it. You are trying to MAKE history......you see where we are going here don't you.

I hate to say it but I can am starting to see why some United fans laugh at you

do one ok, living on your past laurels is your neighbours trademark, 'istree and all that.

You live in the past because you have nothing in the present and have nothing to look forward to other than feeding the big clubs that you were so originally desperate to destroy English football to become one of, only it backfired on you and whilst the others grew you stood still, became a mid-table plodder and became bitter at anyone else achieving success, especially through money because you balls'd it up when it was your chance to use it to your advantage.

The holier than thou preaching from you lot is nothing short of hypocritical and is a sad indictment of the modern football fan. We've done it right and you can't get over it, that's the simple crux of the matter.

Keep reminiscing and pointing at the trophies won list while your cabinet turns to dust along with your delapidated ground, living in the past has got you where you are. It's a trait common to clubs in your city and it has got you precisely fuck all in recent years.

'Istree is being written now, the path of the next 20 years of football is being written now and in 50 years time how will you remember it? I'll remember it as City becoming one of the biggest clubs in the world and one of the most successful clubs in English history, and we'll sit at the top table. You will remember it as mid-table mediocrity, forgetting that it was you who helped turn football in this country into this situation and still proceeded to fuck it up and be burnt by it, scarred by it for 20 years.

It's your fault we're a bigger club than you now.

I hate to say it but I can am starting to see why some United fans laugh at you

is it more enjoyable talking about past glories or enjoying the present though?

Everton have got a proud record for top flight football, no arguments there.....but when did you last finish top on merseyside never mind winning anything ?

i am starting to see why Liverpool fans laugh at you ......

JoeMercer'sWay said:
do one ok, living on your past laurels is your neighbours trademark, 'istree and all that.

You live in the past because you have nothing in the present and have nothing to look forward to other than feeding the big clubs that you were so originally desperate to destroy English football to become one of, only it backfired on you and whilst the others grew you stood still, became a mid-table plodder and became bitter at anyone else achieving success, especially through money because you balls'd it up when it was your chance to use it to your advantage.

The holier than thou preaching from you lot is nothing short of hypocritical and is a sad indictment of the modern football fan. We've done it right and you can't get over it, that's the simple crux of the matter.

Keep reminiscing and pointing at the trophies won list while your cabinet turns to dust along with your delapidated ground, living in the past has got you where you are. It's a trait common to clubs in your city and it has got you precisely fuck all in recent years.

'Istree is being written now, the path of the next 20 years of football is being written now and in 50 years time how will you remember it? I'll remember it as City becoming one of the biggest clubs in the world and one of the most successful clubs in English history, and we'll sit at the top table. You will remember it as mid-table mediocrity, forgetting that it was you who helped turn football in this country into this situation and still proceeded to fuck it up and be burnt by it, scarred by it for 20 years.

It's your fault we're a bigger club than you now.
:) correct.

Badwool76 said:
MCFCDroylsdenBlue said:
black mamba said:

to be honest laughing is all ive done at your posts mate, you happy clinging to Rideout as we will go on to win cup after cup, History is just that and no one gives a shit, go and show Nike your history book and see if they want to give you a deal

ballinio said:
Badwool76 said:
MCFCDroylsdenBlue said:

can you just explain `make history` , we were formed in 1878.....
Thanks for reminding me because so were we. More seasons in the top flight than any other club bar none, 104 in 109 seasons

Badwool76 said:
MCFCDroylsdenBlue said:
black mamba said:

I think you should take 5 minutes and re read as i said Everton HAVE won more than City. And your not exactly going to be signing the Neymars or the Falcao's are you? We are, not saying them 2 but we can sign pretty much anyone bar a select few such as Messi etc, where as Everton can't.

I'm not having a go at you mate i'm trying to be reasonable, you did ignore me when i said you'd be doing rolly pollys up and down your street if Everton got took over. I've always looked back at City's history as i think all fans should know their clubs history but i've always been about the here and now. Now we've been beaten off you i'm just looking to Newcastle at home where as some fans such as Everton's will boast about doing this and that 20 before they were born.

If your just gonna start with the boring small club jibes go for it, just remember who's going to finish where this season and who could have the cups.

Badwool76 said:
ballinio said:
Badwool76 said:

Thanks for reminding me because so were we. More seasons in the top flight than any other club bar none, 104 in 109 seasons

your ground hasn't been updated since then either

bluemc1 said:
Badwool76 said:
MCFCDroylsdenBlue said:

to be honest laughing is all ive done at your posts mate, you happy clinging to Rideout as we will go on to win cup after cup, History is just that and no one gives a shit, go and show Nike your history book and see if they want to give you a deal
You are clutching at straws and you know it. You would love it if no one cared but sadly for you everyone does care and that's what makes a club great.

-- Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:37 pm --

MCFCDroylsdenBlue said:
Badwool76 said:
MCFCDroylsdenBlue said:

I think you should take 5 minutes and re read as i said Everton HAVE won more than City. And your not exactly going to be signing the Neymars or the Falcao's are you? We are, not saying them 2 but we can sign pretty much anyone bar a select few such as Messi etc, where as Everton can't.

I'm not having a go at you mate i'm trying to be reasonable, you did ignore me when i said you'd be doing rolly pollys up and down your street if Everton got took over. I've always looked back at City's history as i think all fans should know their clubs history but i've always been about the here and now. Now we've been beaten off you i'm just looking to Newcastle at home where as some fans such as Everton's will boast about doing this and that 20 before they were born.

If your just gonna start with the boring small club jibes go for it, just remember who's going to finish where this season and who could have the cups.
Manchester City are not a small club. Even before you were taken over. No question you are one of English footballs great clubs<br /><br />-- Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:38 pm --<br /><br />
Tom_mcfc said:
Badwool76 said:
ballinio said:

your ground hasn't been updated since then either
It has though its well past its sell by date. We need to move no question

Badwool76 said:
ballinio said:
Badwool76 said:

Thats nice... we're builing a big fuck off football academy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.