Everton!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Money doesn't pay for a squad to gel together, or cover up individual errors that cost games, or ref decisions (Wigan is an obvious example).

You can't compare situations when one guy has been in a job for 6 years and the other has had 6 months, only an idiot would think the comparison worked.

The 17th place finish in 2004 argument is a red herring. He was having to sell players to rebuild the team, a temporary blip, he had already proved his ability, MH has not. Joined Everton March 2002 and saved their ass, next season 2002/03 just missed out on a UEFA place.

citoeast said:
David Moyes took over a bottom of the table struggling side, was given very limited funds to spend, and yet immediately improved them,. Season after season they perform well under his management. 6th in the premiership, 3 points behind Arsenal, stuffing Hull 2-0 at half-time today, with no recognised striker available for weeks.

What is your problem MH's, stuff your lame duck excuses, you are an out and out failure, face up to it, accept it, and stop screwing our team up.
Couple of points:

A) Arteta, Cahill, Fellaini are quality players who we'd love to see at City

B) Everton, and Villa struggled initially under their current managers. The conclusion to take is the opposite you made.

standytogilvy said:
although its no comparison to how much we've spent this season

Moyes did have some money in the last 3 seasons:

A.Johnson 8.5m
Lescott 5m ( if you include payments over 18 months)
Yakubu 11.25m
Pienaar 2.25m
Jagielka 4m
Saha 3m
Fellaini 15m
his judgement on saha was abit ....well, daft ! i could see his injuries coming a mile off. good player but he was never going to be fit.

citoeast said:
The 17th place finish in 2004 argument is a red herring. He was having to sell players to rebuild the team, a temporary blip, he had already proved his ability, MH has not. Joined Everton March 2002 and saved their ass, next season 2002/03 just missed out on a UEFA place.

What about when they finished 11th in 05/06?

doesnt matter were they finished he`s never built a team that looked capable of winning anything.so whats your point...

Ok I started this, tbh I waver, I wanted MH to suceed and a bit of me still does, but it is so difficult to keep faith, espeicially when City are worryingly failing so badly, to date, to bring in players in during this transfer window. We should have been up and running with signings from week 1.

I know there is still time, but the delay is worying considering the months of prior planning that is meant to have taken place.

Moyes has made some cracking signings and got the very best out of them.

I am happy to take the abuse.

citoeast said:
Ok I started this, tbh I waver, I wanted MH to suceed and a bit of me still does, but it is so difficult to keep faith, espeicially when City are worryingly failing so badly, to date, to bring in players in this transfer window. We should have been up and running with signings from week 1.

I know there is still time, but the delay is worying considering the months of prior planning that is meant to have taken place.

Moyes has made some cracking signings and got the very best out of them.

I am happy to take the abuse.

Give Hughes time to build his team like Moyes has had, if it doesn't happen fair enough but you have to give him time!!

Everton are a great example of why we should stick with Hughes and give him time. In the time Moyes has been there they have flirted with relegation but for the last 3 season have looked a solid top 6 side.

citoeast said:
David Moyes took over a bottom of the table struggling side, was given very limited funds to spend, and yet immediately improved them,. Season after season they perform well under his management. 6th in the premiership, 3 points behind Arsenal, stuffing Hull 2-0 at half-time today, with no recognised striker available for weeks.

What is your problem MH's, stuff your lame duck excuses, you are an out and out failure, face up to it, accept it, and stop screwing our team up.
Get off your high horse and if you have nothing positive to say shut up,Moyes has had time to bring in his players,Hughes has'nt so stop your whinning.Hughes was the best British Manager out there when we cherry picked him so he deserves his time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.