Everyone should have the opportunity to do what we did this

nwhn3

It's taken a few weeks but its finally sunk in. We are CHAMPIONS. Every club and fans should at least have the opportunity to experience what we have this season. It should not be restricted to an elite few. I don't have the answer, but a club should be able to get a good manager, develop a few players and be able to compete for the league. Thank god for our investment but without it we would could never of dreamt of being in this position.

It may be euphoria at winning the league, but its such an experience that I will never forget and I just think its a shame more teams don't have the same opportunity.

Don't get me wrong I love our situation after all the shit I've seen but how many other teams could realsitically experience winning the league, particularly after this FFP bollocks.

T'is true, my friend :)

FFP ranks right up there with seeding system in the 'Fuck Football, Make Money' league. I'm just glad we got in before door shut, but I still occasionally spare a moment of mourning for the rest of the league outside the top four.

Agree with your sentiments mate.

Don't get me wrong, it has to be earned and played hard for, and I have to confess, we literally increased our chances by spending, and spending some more, but I find it disheartening that many fans will NEVER experience that feeling.

A good mate of mine died just before the Cup Semi last year, and so wasn't lucky enough to witness things.
There will be millions of fans elsewhere will go their lifetime never knowing either.

The likes of Liverpool and Man U get all upset at a decade (or single season) at winning nothing. It sickens me if I'm honest.

Agree with your sentiments. It used to feel exactly like you describe. I mean before the rags started to dominate. Even though Liverpool were such a force it seemed like any team could be capable of developing and going on to win the league. I remember starting so many seasons thinking this could be the year.

There was also the thing about the team who had just come up from the division below and expected to be a force in the top league. I think Leeds were the last ones to do it within a year or two of coming up. And it seems daft now that when a team went down (including us) people would say it's the best thing that could happen and they will bounce back stronger.

I'd love to see someone like Swansea or Norwich win the league, like Forest did in the late 70's. But let's face facts; it will more than likely, never happen again. The PL (aka the ''greed is good'' league) and Sky have ensured that.

nwhn3 said:
It's taken a few weeks but its finally sunk in. We are CHAMPIONS. Every club and fans should at least have the opportunity to experience what we have this season. It should not be restricted to an elite few. I don't have the answer, but a club should be able to get a good manager, develop a few players and be able to compete for the league. Thank god for our investment but without it we would could never of dreamt of being in this position.

It may be euphoria at winning the league, but its such an experience that I will never forget and I just think its a shame more teams don't have the same opportunity..

Don't get me wrong I love our situation after all the shit I've seen but how many other teams could realsitically experience winning the league, particularly after this FFP bollocks.

WIth all due respect, and I appreciate your sentiments, do you not see the contradiction in saying FFP is bollocks, yet you wish to see a more level playing field where all teams get an equal chance to take a bite of the cherry.

The truth is money talks, and whether its United, City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Real Madrid, Barca whoever, the success comes from the money spent by the club on paying the highest transfer fees, the highest wages, hiring the best coaches and backroom staff.

The question isn't so much where the money comes from, its more about whether or not clubs should be permitted to essentially buy their success whilst 91 other teams who cannot compete on a level playing field fight for the scraps.

Of course we love the success when it comes. I've loved every title win, every FA Cup, every Carling Cup, CL or whatever that I've seen United win. That doesn't stop me from feeling that behind it all, its a classic case of the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer.

Would I exchange our success for a more "ideal" football utopia where all teams operate on a level playing field. 10 years ago I'd have said "no way". Now however, given the Glazer situation, and with no disrespect the events at Chelsea and yourselves. I think I would like to see some form of restrictions in place so that every club has a fighting chance.

You are most probably saying "ah.. you are only whining because now you can't compete and you don't like it". There is an element of that hypocrisy involved, however to turn it on its head, when we had all the cash it was abhorrent to many City fans. Would any of you give up what you've witnessed last season in favour of going back to the days when you could say "well our club isn't about finances".

The bottom line is, success comes with money. Money breeds success and success breeds more money. Unless they start looking at what clubs spend and try to level it out, then City, CHelsea and United will dominate the game for the foreseeable future until some other rich person throws a few million around like confetti, and all their fans who are against what United, City and Chelsea have done sell their arses for the glory just the way United, Chelsea and no offence mean here, yourselves too...

Every fan hates someone else having what they don't, and in this day and age, the one thing that matters in football more than anything else, is an endless supply of cash...

oakiecokie said:
Speaks volumes when only 5 clubs is it,that have ever won the PL ?

And if we're genuinely honest... City, Chelsea and Blackburn needed serious amounts of cash to help them.
You still have to win it though, regardless, but we DID need money to give us any hope!... I liken it to buying a lottery ticket. We bought a lot of them, and increased our chances.

I wouldn't want to see a different team every year... 'cos that would suggest there's no skill at all, just a level playing field.

What REALLY brasses me off though...

Is 'Big' clubs saying they've made all their money. There's some truth to it, but a club like United, or Liverpool, or even City resides in a highly populated city. A club like Norwich doesn't. It's much harder for those small town clubs to attract masses of fans simply due to their geography.

So yes, we've made a lot of money, but in part because of our location.

To add to that - some clubs established themselves worldwide thanks to the advent of television, tragedies and how well they were doing when TV became popular. They 'grabbed' their fanbase early on and well done to them for it, but that left it much harder for other clubs to then attract fans, since United had already grabbed them.

Even Liverpool when they were without doubt the best team in the world for 5 years or so and amongst the best for a decade... they couldn't catch United.
It will take decades and decades for any club to ever gain more fans than United - but that's NOT because of business acumen at the club, it's just good fortune (albeit aided by tragedy too).

I don't begrudge them it. I just wish they'd understand how lucky they've been. Just like we've been lucky with our stadium and now our owners.

pokerjokerz said:
nwhn3 said:

It may be euphoria at winning the league, but its such an experience that I will never forget and I just think its a shame more teams don't have the same opportunity..

WIth all due respect, and I appreciate your sentiments, do you not see the contradiction in saying FFP is bollocks, yet you wish to see a more level playing field where all teams get an equal chance to take a bite of the cherry.

The truth is money talks, and whether its United, City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Real Madrid, Barca whoever, the success comes from the money spent by the club on paying the highest transfer fees, the highest wages, hiring the best coaches and backroom staff.

The question isn't so much where the money comes from, its more about whether or not clubs should be permitted to essentially buy their success whilst 91 other teams who cannot compete on a level playing field fight for the scraps.

Of course we love the success when it comes. I've loved every title win, every FA Cup, every Carling Cup, CL or whatever that I've seen United win. That doesn't stop me from feeling that behind it all, its a classic case of the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer.

Would I exchange our success for a more "ideal" football utopia where all teams operate on a level playing field. 10 years ago I'd have said "no way". Now however, given the Glazer situation, and with no disrespect the events at Chelsea and yourselves. I think I would like to see some form of restrictions in place so that every club has a fighting chance.

You are most probably saying "ah.. you are only whining because now you can't compete and you don't like it". There is an element of that hypocrisy involved, however to turn it on its head, when we had all the cash it was abhorrent to many City fans. Would any of you give up what you've witnessed last season in favour of going back to the days when you could say "well our club isn't about finances".

The bottom line is, success comes with money. Money breeds success and success breeds more money. Unless they start looking at what clubs spend and try to level it out, then City, CHelsea and United will dominate the game for the foreseeable future until some other rich person throws a few million around like confetti, and all their fans who are against what United, City and Chelsea have done sell their arses for the glory just the way United, Chelsea and no offence mean here, yourselves too...

Every fan hates someone else having what they don't, and in this day and age, the one thing that matters in football more than anything else, is an endless supply of cash...

You're right about hypocrisy when you now talk of wanting to see "restrictions in place so that every club has a fighting chance". But that's not to say that a bit of "normal" red perspective isn't welcome.

Of course what ADUG and City have done is to create a totally new paradigm. The height of the bar has been raised significantly. This means that for a period of time even some of the strongest will struggle to compete and City (plus perhaps one or two others) will fill a rarified power vacuum.

This will change as similar investment occurs elsewhere but, until that time (and for the intervening period where the investment translates into something tangible on the pitch) I can only see a dominant Manchester City going from strength to strength.

The romantic notion of "everyone having the opportunity" stretches only to one of those clubs - a Norwich or a Swansea for example - having the good fortune to be considered as investible by an organisation with the wherewithal to do so.

And I'm not convinced that FFP is going to help that.

Oh and whilst you lot have undoubtedly "sold your arses" already - I'm not sure that we have just yet. We just face the very real risk of doing so.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.