Ex-City Players You Have Rose-Tinted Glasses For

Johnny Crossan, Cliff Sear and Stan Horne as a young lad having watched us win Div2 in 1966 couldn’t grasp why they soon left after a season in Div 1 took years to understand Joe and Allison did the right thing

I always liked old fashioned wingers so Peter Barnes (despite his subsequent mistake), Dennis Tueart, David White and Paul Simpson spring to mind. The Uwe/ Walsh/ Beagrie front line that gave such hope under Brian Horton. Wiekens/ Goater/ Weaver/ Horlock from the 1999 / 2000 recovery. Imre Varadi for his goals and the inspiration that started the inflatables era. Nicholas Jenson and Eyal Berkovic and those volleyed goals.

Mick McCarthy, Ian Brightwell, Roger Palmer for equalising goals against the great unwashed (Wow it hardly seems possible a draw against the now irrelevant rags used to mean so much).

Tony Book from my home city, Fitzroy Simpson (who attended to my previous school) for inspiration that seemingly impossible dreams can be achieved.

Loanee Stefan Karl for his winning goal at Soton. As a southerner my life would have been hell if we'd lost that game. I was there, sat right behind the goal (City End), the so called Soton fans I worked with weren't.

Kolarov close to Roma move as Guardiola hails | beIN SPORTS

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.