Ex-Palace player Darren Cann removed as linesman for cup game

Just had a look at who he is, got this of wiki, and if true he is at the top of the tree in linesman.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darren_Cann_(referee)

World cup finals, CL finals, FA Cups etc.I'd imagine if he has been doing world cup finals and champs league finals, he won't be too arsed about playing youth football for Palace 30 years ago. He's from Norwich, started playing youth team football at Norwich. He must be one of the best liners there is to get all those jobs so probably not a bad appointment.

surely someone with a connection to palace, albeit a long time ago, would be fully aware of ensuring he gets the decisions spot on!
could be the best official we've seen for a while, no point us having a moan about something that's not yet happened.
or am i being too naive........

Just had a look at who he is, got this of wiki, and if true he is at the top of the tree in linesman.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darren_Cann_(referee)

World cup finals, CL finals, FA Cups etc.I'd imagine if he has been doing world cup finals and champs league finals, he won't be too arsed about playing youth football for Palace 30 years ago. He's from Norwich, started playing youth team football at Norwich. He must be one of the best liners there is to get all those jobs so probably not a bad appointment.
No one's suggesting he's a bad assistant but it's not like there are no others who could do it so why pick one where there's a potential conflict of interest, particularly one which is already known about and has been acted on previously?

No one's suggesting he's a bad assistant but it's not like there are no others who could do it so why pick one where there's a potential conflict of interest, particularly one which is already known about and has been acted on previously?

I agree. You couldn't ask for a more qualified AR who has achieved everything there is to achieve in the game. I've no doubt that he will put in a performance to the best of his ability, but I've also no doubt that he'll get the odd decision wrong, as in most games.

So why run the risk of questioning his integrity / the FA's integrity when all it'll take to avoid it is swapping him for another AR.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.