exactly what our owners want to hear...

Bigga said:
Hm...

How do you think he'd fair at City?

He'd demand a complete overhaul of the first eleven!! That means a complete new team, from scratch.

Unacceptable, in any terms, in the first season.

POST OF THE MONTH!!

Ha Ha, brilliant - brilliant sarcasm?

...That will basically be like the complete overhaul of the first eleven a clown like Hughes has attempted to drive through this season - could have sworn eight of our starting eleven are now Hughes buys?

Difference is, Mourinho is good enough to complete a rapid overhaul, and absorb/retain the new and existing players into a much stronger-looking squad.

Bondi Blue said:
Uwe Rosler's Grandad said:
Bondi Blue said:
Mourinho talks the talk and walks the walk. Top quality. If Hughes is sent on his way, we have to go all out to get him.

Totally agree. We should offer him everything to take over in the summer. This guy would make ALL the difference.....

I think Mourinho is one of those managers who gets the best out of his team. If we swapped him with Hughes right now, I think we would see an improvement. It's not going to happen but I do believe there are managers out there who will get more out of our squad.

I just think the man is a winner, end of story. I think a few of our squad would have a culture shock if he took over. The kind of culture shock we were all hoping would happen when Hughes took over.......but hasn't.

I agree. I'm guessing (but I don't know for sure) that Mourinho is very hands on and gets involved with his players, builds up a bond/ rapport, pumps them up etc etc. Hughes meanwhile is very aloof and keeps his distance. I think this has something to do with it.

I know jose is most peoples choice to take over if hughes is sacked. He could certainly manage the ego's that seem to be causing problems at the moment. But Don't forget all the accusations of boring football that he got labelled with, also the cheating and diving which he condoned, porto in the uefa cup, drogba, the most obvious. Not saying i would not have him as a manager, just don't be blind to his faults.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Bigga said:
Hm...

How do you think he'd fair at City?

He'd demand a complete overhaul of the first eleven!! That means a complete new team, from scratch.

Unacceptable, in any terms, in the first season.

POST OF THE MONTH!!

Ha Ha, brilliant - brilliant sarcasm?

...That will basically be like the complete overhaul of the first eleven a clown like Hughes has attempted to drive through this season - could have sworn eight of our starting eleven are now Hughes buys?

Difference is, Mourinho is good enough to complete a rapid overhaul, and absorb/retain the new and existing players into a much stronger-looking squad.

Don't forget Hughes is overhauling a team that finished ninth. I fear the only reason Hughes wanted his own men was to have support in the dressing room, work with players he knows and perhaps more crucially because he is unable to adapt the style of play he wants to use. Top class managers would have been able to come in, work with Sven's squad...make a few changes here and there and bob's your uncle.

kinkladze96 said:
I know jose is most peoples choice to take over if hughes is sacked. He could certainly manage the ego's that seem to be causing problems at the moment. But Don't forget all the accusations of boring football that he got labelled with, also the cheating and diving which he condoned, porto in the uefa cup, drogba, the most obvious. Not saying i would not have him as a manager, just don't be blind to his faults.

If it meant a few dire performances but we got results, I think I can handle that. Afterall, we're used to some pretty dire performances already.

I agree. I'm guessing (but I don't know for sure) that Mourinho is very hands on and gets involved with his players, builds up a bond/ rapport, pumps them up etc etc. Hughes meanwhile is very aloof and keeps his distance. I think this has something to do with it.

I get that impression also. Strikes me as one of those 'Medals on the table' types of manager whereas I can imagine Mourinho making players feel 10 feet tall before heading onto the field. As for the first XI overhaul - I know who I would rather be at the helm if that is to be the case in the Summer and it aint Hughes......

Swedish pundit Magnus Hedman (ex. Sweden keeper) was Chelseas 3rd keeper for awhile a couple of years ago, he said it was just like that. Always protects the players, gets on their side and earns their respect. He makes them know he's the boss but he's also someone they can have a laugh with.

He's a bit silly at times but it's part of what I like about them...of course he seems to like the attention but that doesn't matter, he's got so much to show for himself in terms of league titles, uefa cup title and of course CL. Plus I'm not sure it's 100% impossible to get him to have Ibrahimovic tag along in the summer. =) =P

u2fme2 said:
give him anything he wants to come to city.

well said. break the bank for this geezer. i'm convinced 'the special one' is the only person capable of taking us to the promised land.best coach out there.

kinkladze96 said:

If it meant a few dire performances but we got results, I think I can handle that. Afterall, we're used to some pretty dire performances already.

I think tbh that would be the general opinion. Nobodys too worried about how results are achieved when its our own club we are talking about.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.