Excited when they signed but turned out to be rubbish

I thought Van Buyten was a good player and was disappointed that we couldn't afford him when the opportunity came to sign him.
He had a hell of a shot on him.
I was excited when we got him and hoped that we could have signed him permanently (hoping that he would get fit again) but in reality he played about 5 games out of the over 20 that he was here for.

If I remember corectly, we were pinning our hopes on David Sommeil going the other way but either he wouldn't agree to it or Marseille didn't want him.

Either way, I blamed Sommeil ; )

Arthur Mann! Now that rings a bell. At the time my mother was Assistant Supervisor in the canteen at Manchester Education Offices and Arthur's missus (whose name I don't recall) worked as one of her underlings. Imagine that today! Why, it's as easy to imagine the Duchess of Cambridge scrubbing floors for a living.

I quite liked Arthur as a player, but he never seemed to get many opportunities, maybe because he wasn't up to it. (It's an odd thing, but City seem to have a hereditary issue with fullbacks. Very few, especially left backs, have been top drawer. You can almost number them on one hand, no matter how far back you go.)
He was that player between Pardoe (long time out with a broken leg) and Donachie. Arthur's sideburns were always impressive. Once Donachie got to start he was rarely out of the side for 10 years.

Mikheil kavelashvili, murtaz shelia and kakhaber Tskhadadze. Was only a kid all I knew was they were kinkys mates, I expected kinkladze clones. We did not get kinkladze clones.

Bojinov, his reputation as a champ man wonderkid raised expectations, not really his fault his knee exploded.

Bony, after witnessing his incredible Swansea form it appeared he had everything to be a goalscoring machine in that pellegrini team, then we asked him to play like aguero which was never going to go well and he was actually just very shit.
Tshkhadadze looked class, scored on his debut?

Jerome Boateng.

Absolute wilted piece of soggy lettuce of a player. No fight in him, no guts. Didn’t even have the determination to work hard enough to outshine Joleon Lescott or Kolo Touré to cement his place at centre half for us, to the point where the only place he was deserving of was third choice right back or on the bench.

Made Harry Maguire look like a mix of Beckenbaeur Baresi and Cannavarro. Made Bruno Fernandes look like Vinnie Jones.
Just been reading up in him as if not seen nor heard of him for ages… turns out he’s a wife beating **** n’all!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.