Explosion at MEN Arena/Victoria Station

I was on here last night when the OP was put up. I think like everyone who read it, I feared the worst but told myself to shut the fuck up, that it would be a mechanical explosion and the worst would be injuries due to panic.

As the night wore on it became clear that my hopes, all our hopes, were not going to be realised. I went to bed about 3.30 and my misses woke up as I got in. I couldn't tell her as I knew she would be upset, I just hugged her and lay there.

I have just watched a poor woman appealing for information on either her daughter or niece. I have tears streaming down my face. You just wanted to give her a hug. Heart breaking.

The response from the heroes who rush into help our people in times like these never fails to fill me with love for them. They are the best of us and I thank them from the bottom of my heart.

The ordinary people who stepped up too, you are an example of who we are. And who we need to be.

I have read a few posts surrounding this putting things into perspective. I was having a moan to myself about something that seemed so important yesterday, I have had a few strong words with myself this morning.

How anyone could do this has me lost. My heart goes out to all of the people directly affected by this, thinking about my own kids and neices and nephews being in this makes me feel sick so I cannot even imagine the pain of those poor souls who have lost their family.

Manchester has responded as a city with love, bravery and selflessness. Our hearts are with you all. We will not let these bastards win, we can't. We owe it to every victim and their families that we will not buckle. That would be a betrayal of their memory and let those who do this think that they will win.

As I said in an earlier post when they attacked Glasgow Airport my two sons were in it as was my brother and his family. Those feelings returned last night and my heart goes out to those in the same position of waiting for news. I was lucky, but i have never forgotten that feeling. Wishing it was me there instead of them. Heart breaking.

They will never win and they will never break us. Sending a hug from Scotland to you all and well done in stepping up to the plate, the response of Manchester has been a credit to the whole country.

Our hearts are with you.

Beautifully put.

W
Proud of my paramedic daughter who wasn't on duty but went in anyway without being asked. And of course I'm also proud of all of her colleagues and the other emergency services who had to deal with this. Funnily enough, as news started to come through about his horrific event, I'd been watching '999: What's Your Emergency?" about paramedics & emergency dispatchers dealing with end-of-life situations, people screaming and crying on the phone or while they're trying to resuscitate someone and thinking "How on earth do they do this job?" And at the time, in my own city, police & paramedics were dealing with people who had been blown to pieces. Bless them all.

And bless those who offered whatever help they could and still continue to do while vile human beings like Katie Hopkins call for a "final solution" and that fat, pompous **** Eamonn Holmes are slagging off the police for doing their jobs instead of giving him a detailed briefing.
Well said, PB. And God bless your daughter and all the other emergency service personnel.

Huge respect to the homeless guy interviewed on sky website - Chris Parker.

A hero like many others last night,... Hope he gets any help he needs.

I agree that it isn't easy. My experience was very different from that of my wife who for literally a year after the attacks in Paris would find it hard to sit in bars or cafes in our neighbourhood. She refused point blank to go to a couple of gigs with me too. It's taken her time to get past it and see past the fear. I cannot imagine what that feeling would be if we had children but I'm absolutely certain that part of me would not want them anywhere near a big crowds. But again, all I can say is at a certain point you've just gotta say "fuck fear", that's exactly what these bastards want.

True enough mate and people are going to react in different ways as you've alluded to regarding your wife's reaction compared to your own. I've got tickets to see Kings Of Leon at the Arena on June 9th. Obviously, that gig might not go ahead yet but if it does I can't deny I'm feeling a little nervy but as you say, where do you draw the line? It could happen anywhere where there's a crowd of people so that includes shopping centres as well, and if we go down that road we may as well never set foot outside our front door.

I was on here last night when the OP was put up. I think like everyone who read it, I feared the worst but told myself to shut the fuck up, that it would be a mechanical explosion and the worst would be injuries due to panic.

As the night wore on it became clear that my hopes, all our hopes, were not going to be realised. I went to bed about 3.30 and my misses woke up as I got in. I couldn't tell her as I knew she would be upset, I just hugged her and lay there.

I have just watched a poor woman appealing for information on either her daughter or niece. I have tears streaming down my face. You just wanted to give her a hug. Heart breaking.

The response from the heroes who rush into help our people in times like these never fails to fill me with love for them. They are the best of us and I thank them from the bottom of my heart.

The ordinary people who stepped up too, you are an example of who we are. And who we need to be.

I have read a few posts surrounding this putting things into perspective. I was having a moan to myself about something that seemed so important yesterday, I have had a few strong words with myself this morning.

How anyone could do this has me lost. My heart goes out to all of the people directly affected by this, thinking about my own kids and neices and nephews being in this makes me feel sick so I cannot even imagine the pain of those poor souls who have lost their family.

Manchester has responded as a city with love, bravery and selflessness. Our hearts are with you all. We will not let these bastards win, we can't. We owe it to every victim and their families that we will not buckle. That would be a betrayal of their memory and let those who do this think that they will win.

As I said in an earlier post when they attacked Glasgow Airport my two sons were in it as was my brother and his family. Those feelings returned last night and my heart goes out to those in the same position of waiting for news. I was lucky, but i have never forgotten that feeling. Wishing it was me there instead of them. Heart breaking.

They will never win and they will never break us. Sending a hug from Scotland to you all and well done in stepping up to the plate, the response of Manchester has been a credit to the whole country.

Our hearts are with you.
Thank you, very well said.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Vile.

For me the cash rich technology companies have got to be doing more to shut down these sites preaching hate. This material should not be allowed.

As for anyone returning and known to have been fighting with IS, they should not be wandering around while a round the clock team of MI5 has to keep watch on them. They should be dealt with.

Our hearts are with you.
This all day long and every day till these fuckers are beaten. From a Manc far away.

the manchester bee couldn't be a better symbol right now. togetherness, hard work and huge sense of community. proud to know and see many people were offering there help and homes last night.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.