Exposing the hypocrisy of journalists

Great entertainment on Twitter today.

McKenna is back in the game and I've just been blocked by him for asking a simple question. It's only the second occasion I've ever been blocked on Twitter, the first was John Aldridge, I feel honoured.

In response to mild ribbing about his non-appearing article, MacKenna claimed to Rabin that he has a book in the works about the people behind City and two publishers interested. You can judge for yourselves, based on his track record, how likely you think he is to be telling the truth.

In response to mild ribbing about his non-appearing article, MacKenna claimed to Rabin that he has a book in the works about the people behind City and two publishers interested. You can judge for yourselves, based on his track record, how likely you think he is to be telling the truth.

Here's the thing about truth. He claimed in response to someone saying Daddy fixed him up with his career that his parents got divorced when he was 9. He's 34 now, so that would make it 1994 when his parents divorced. The trouble with that is that divorce didn't become legal in Ireland until 1996, with the first divorce in the country being granted in early '97. I merely asked was he sure of his dates, so he blocked me.

2 publishers interested?

It's possible, but given the basic conflict of interests that Rabin has highlighted it's unlikely any publisher would touch it with a barge pole.

Great entertainment on Twitter today.

McKenna is back in the game and I've just been blocked by him for asking a simple question. It's only the second occasion I've ever been blocked on Twitter, the first was John Aldridge, I feel honoured.
You’re obviously not trying hard enough.

I see Dr Duncan has joined the fray now.

With egregious intellectual dishonesty (or, failing that, startling ineptitude), as shown below:

Rabin doesn't, as Duncan claims, say that he hasn't "worked in PR for Manchester City or UAE …", but that he hasn't "worked in PR or for Manchester City or UAE …" (my emphasis). It's a material omission because Duncan's wording is consistent with Rabin being a PR operative who's claiming never to have worked for City or the UAE, whereas Rabin's formulation expressly rules out working in PR as well as working for City or the UAE. In other words, it's much less "narrowly circumscribed" than is claimed. In my profession, if you can't accurately cite a quote despite having reproduced it immediately below, you wouldn't be well thought of.

These morons appear to be running scared of Rabin, when it's pretty obvious that he's just a fan who is pissed off with their egregious nonsense.

I would like to see how they'd react if City did actually decide to take action against some of them regarding their more outrageous claims.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.