Extreme Cheapskates Programme

markyboyblue

Just watched an American programme on one if the digital channels TLC about cheapskates.

There was one guy who went to a restaurant with his wife and would go over to people to ask for their leftovers then box them up to eat later! He also went out to get her anniversary prezzies from the local bins. He got her some old roses and a kettle. He also used to dry out his kitchen roll and use again.

There was also a family who used old rags instead of bog roll, then washed them to use again.

I have worked with some cheapskates, anyone else know any? Or if you're inclined that way got any tips.

One of my best mates is really cheap. At a byo restaurant he will bring a goon bag (cheap cask wine for those playing at home) instead of a nice bottle of wine or beers. He will also pull you up on you owing him like $2 or some tiny amount like that. He always disappears or 'doesn't have his wallet' when people are chipping in to buy a case of beer, splitting a bill etc. Quite painful.

Using rags instead of toilet roll? Really??

foetus said:
One of my best mates is really cheap. At a byo restaurant he will bring a goon bag (cheap cask wine for those playing at home) instead of a nice bottle of wine or beers. He will also pull you up on you owing him like $2 or some tiny amount like that. He always disappears or 'doesn't have his wallet' when people are chipping in to buy a case of beer, splitting a bill etc. Quite painful.

Using rags instead of toilet roll? Really??

Yeah really, 6 kids too so bet the washer is always on washing shitty rags she said she saves $20 a month though.

They got into this way of living because they got into $89000 debt on credit cards. It said they cleared their debt in 12 months by living this way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.