F.A Cup Games 4/5/6 January

It's farcical that different matches are officially being played to different rules today, I know it's unofficially the case in the Prem but the partial use of VAR is ridiculous.

Looks like Stephen Fletcher has picked up a serious knee injury at the Amex Stadium. You could tell by his reaction, signalling to the bench immediately and covering his face.

Going back to the draw between Rochdale and Newcastle. Something I've never quite understood. How do gate receipts break down in the event of a replay? I understand that it's a moneyspinner for 'Dale, but it surely can't be half and half, or anywhere near it? How does the initial tie work, and how does the replay work, in terms of sharing out the spoils?

Going back to the draw between Rochdale and Newcastle. Something I've never quite understood. How do gate receipts break down in the event of a replay? I understand that it's a moneyspinner for 'Dale, but it surely can't be half and half, or anywhere near it? How does the initial tie work, and how does the replay work, in terms of sharing out the spoils?
according to the FA ….45% of all gate receipts go to both clubs

English FA has installed a good system where both home and away teams for every tie of FA Cup get 45% of gate receipt revenue each. So if a lower league team hit a jackpot and they are drawn against a top premier league side away they make more money from that away game than their entire season (or in some cases several season).

Cambridge United took United to a replay at Old Trafford, although they lost the game 3-0 but they earned a massive fortune with 45% share of gate receipt which was reportedly around £1.2 million.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.