F1 2023 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly I like Max, Lewis pretty much the lot of em.

However I don't think you can compare the gap between Perez and Max as purely a skill factor. The DNA of that red bull and the majority of upgrades brought throughout the year have 100% been geared towards the driving style of Max.

Different sport but there was a time when Casey Stoner dominated on a Ducati and many unbelievable riders tried to be his team mate but couldn't get close.

Hopefully next year the gap at the front will be significantly reduced.
No evidence of that whatsoever. Verstappen drove without a single mistake. He’s like a robot. Managing tires, reading the race, you name it. All things Perez could have done for starters.

I however fully agree with your last sentence. I enjoy Verstappen being challenged. In fact I’m sure Verstappen wants this but he obviously isn’t in a position to say so.

Unfortunately for those of us hoping for a closer season next year I doubt it will happen. Once a team becomes dominant they tend to stay that way till the next big change in regulations come along to mix it up. Lewis hinted at this in his interviews at the weekend but whereas Mercedes, Ferrari, McLaren have been developing their cars to try and close the gap in the 2nd half of the season, Red Bull had already shifted focus to 2024 meaning they've got an utterly all conquering car as it is, and now a 6 month head start on next year's as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.