FA Cup 2024/25 thread (2nd Round Qualifying results P3)

I used to live not far from their ground near Chorlton Green. I can well imagine what their supporters are like after the "Gentrification" of Chorlton
Have seen many non-league teams and the vast majority have loyal, obsessed and interesting supporters.
WD&C played in the North East (where I now live) last season in the FA Vase.
Their large following were harmless (unlike the early FC Scum followers) but seemed to model themselves on the continental "Ultras" groups of supporters.
As a grumpy old fogey, they seemed to sum up the "modern football fan".
Don't think any of them have had a rancid burger or tepid Bovril ?

Have seen many non-league teams and the vast majority have loyal, obsessed and interesting supporters.
Their large following were harmless (unlike the early FC Scum followers) but seemed to model themselves on the continental "Ultras" groups of supporters.
If it is Chorlton and West Dids it will be a vegan bean burger and rice milk

Until about 10 years ago they were a small amateur team playing in front of 30 and 40 people. Hidden away on the edge of Hardy Farm, to the extent that most people in the area didn’t even know they existed.

They’ve done really well to build themselves up into a competitive semi pro club.

The residents of Chorltonville and the surrounding area might not fit the profile of your average football crowd. But it’s nothing but a positive story for me, the way they have progressed over the last decade.

Until about 10 years ago they were a small amateur team playing in front of 30 and 40 people. Hidden away on the edge of Hardy Farm, to the extent that most people in the area didn’t even know they existed.

They’ve done really well to build themselves up into a competitive semi pro club.

The residents of Chorltonville and the surrounding area might not fit the profile of your average football crowd. But it’s nothing but a positive story for me, the way they have progressed over the last decade.
But surely they got a large loan from the council on the premise that they'll pay it back on time?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.