FA Cup 3rd Round | Swindon (A)

“Big day 8th Jan. Swindon mob are arriving. I’ve laid on a little do for them, part of the job. If you’re asking me what vibe I’m gonna lay down, it’s gonna be very much just a ‘chill out, let’s get to know each other’ type of vibe.”

Hope we wallop them. Another town full of plastic rags trotting out the sky narrative of dirty oil money and no fans.
Have you ever been there? Premier League is not really that relevant as we are so far adrift of it now so "oil money and empty seats" is not the main topic of conversation in Wiltshire. It was something of a London overspill town so that is who many people follow. You will probably wallop us but it would be very funny if you don't. What we don't have is a sense of entitlement. Proper club (now).

Hope we wallop them. Another town full of plastic rags trotting out the sky narrative of dirty oil money and no fans.
My brother worked there for a couple of years when we were playing them regularly (old division one and two) and grew to hate them
When they then turned to shite I asked him if if was happy. He said "they'll have gone back to supporting united and arsenal "

Have you ever been there? Premier League is not really that relevant as we are so far adrift of it now so "oil money and empty seats" is not the main topic of conversation in Wiltshire. It was something of a London overspill town so that is who many people follow. You will probably wallop us but it would be very funny if you don't. What we don't have is a sense of entitlement. Proper club (now).
Sort of true…many people moved to Swindon from London to work in the Railway Works….years later their families / decedents still support the London Clubs - Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham, West Ham in that order. Oh …and there is the usual Rags following.
Hard core of Swindon support and already you can see they are up for this one….

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.