FA Cup 4th Round Draw | Tottenham (A) | Fri 26th Jan, 20:00

Friday night matches are popular with fans. I remember us taking 8,000 to Bristol for a Friday league match in the 70s. We took 8,000 to West Ham a few years back. The atmosphere is fantastic at these Friday games. Football is a great way to spend a Friday night. Transport is the only problem if you don't like coaches.
And hovercrafts. I’m not too keen on submarines either. Or helicopters. Hot Air Balloons I can also do without. And hand gliders. Skateboards are a definite no. As are steam rollers.

Friday night matches are popular with fans. I remember us taking 8,000 to Bristol for a Friday league match in the 70s. We took 8,000 to West Ham a few years back. The atmosphere is fantastic at these Friday games. Football is a great way to spend a Friday night. Transport is the only problem if you don't like coaches.
Couldn’t think of a better way to start my weekend

2pm doesn't allow much time if things even only go slightly wrong. You'd have thought City would've learnt after the Crystal Palace game in 2015. I think that was a 2pm departure and the coaches didn't make it until well after kick-off. I remember doing Fulham away in the 3rd tier in 98/99. That was a Friday night match and we went on the coach with the Levenshulme branch. Set off at 12.30pm and didn't get there until 7.30pm, 15 minutes before kick-off.

I was on that Fulham trip in 98 on a club coach.
Set off at midday from Maine road and got in the ground 30 mins after ko.

If I was driving I’d be leaving at 1pm at the latest and would expect that to be difficult.

I was on that Fulham trip in 98 on a club coach.
Set off at midday from Maine road and got in the ground 30 mins after ko.

If I was driving I’d be leaving at 1pm at the latest and would expect that to be difficult.
Some free Palace coaches ended up late in 2015 for the Easter Monday game, they were held back for a photo-op of them setting off.

For the League Cup in 2009 on a Thurs night some got there in the second half and others turned back.

Car to Cockfosters for this one 12pm.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.