FA Cup 5th Round Draw | Luton (A)

I hate how the media have ruined the FA Cup draw in recent years, it surely can’t be right that those playing after the draw already know their opponents in the next round, whereas those who were chosen for early coverage had no idea. My other gripe is that VAR should apply to all or nobody in the same competition. Fair enough the technology isn’t in place in lower league grounds, but it is crazy that VAR only applies at Premier League grounds for a replay even if they drew away against a lower league opponent with no VAR. sort it out FA!
Totally agree, you shouldn’t have VAR for some games and not others when in the same competition. As lower league don’t have it, then it should be removed for all games. Having said that did us no harm against Swansea a few years ago when Sergio got the winner.

Since it went midweek all 5th round draws have been lower tier away teams:
SW
Swan
PU
BC

Even before that it was aways to Newport, Wigan, Hudds, and Chelsea.

Last 5th Rnd Home draw 2014 v Watford, then all home going back if we got there until Preston away in 2007.

I hate how the media have ruined the FA Cup draw in recent years, it surely can’t be right that those playing after the draw already know their opponents in the next round, whereas those who were chosen for early coverage had no idea. My other gripe is that VAR should apply to all or nobody in the same competition. Fair enough the technology isn’t in place in lower league grounds, but it is crazy that VAR only applies at Premier League grounds for a replay even if they drew away against a lower league opponent with no VAR. sort it out FA!
Bang on.

Home draw, please. Ideally against a "lower" placed team in the pyramid, but failing that, I'm not worried who we face at our council house. Unbeaten in over a year in M11.

I’d like Wrexham at home. The media will be behind them but guarantee we steamroll them by five minimum in front of millions on TV.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.