FA Cup Final - 18/05 1700hrs

Completely unfair now that 7 days on from day 1 of sales, they've shoved the "best" of the £145 seats on sale. IE 102, 103. Punishing skint people like me who on day 1 was pressured into buying right by the 6 yd line / corner on the edge of 104, paying £145 cos my ill mum loves being on the side where we lift teh cup, and on day 1 of sales nothing closer to the dugout/penalty area was showing, nothing had been on in 102 or 103 other than front row or the very back. So they pressure you in your window (day 1!) into thinking its sold already. You wouldn't dream that one week on, when cup scheme, season ticket holders, everyon has had their pick, THEN they'd stick them on sale??????

Wish i didn't know :( I blame this forum ;)

Gutted.

I'd just love to know who at city decided it was a good idea to hold back blocks for a week, the "best" ones of the £145 rio off ones? Who thought i know i'll hold them back and let the people on the cup scheme with the big points panic into buying towards the corner at that price and we can let the citycard members have the ones that go towards the middle instead.

It's a cup final, not the semi, they knew we'd sell out ffs, so why (if people were silly, like me, to get into debt to pay the £145 ones) hide the best seats from sale until the final day? Isn't that the opposite of loyalty pts and sales windows?
That sounds like a very fair grumble. I think I have seen them do this before. Must be a reason but I don't know the answer.

Completely unfair now that 7 days on from day 1 of sales, they've shoved the "best" of the £145 seats on sale. IE 102, 103. Punishing skint people like me who on day 1 was pressured into buying right by the 6 yd line / corner on the edge of 104, paying £145 cos my ill mum loves being on the side where we lift teh cup, and on day 1 of sales nothing closer to the dugout/penalty area was showing, nothing had been on in 102 or 103 other than front row or the very back. So they pressure you in your window (day 1!) into thinking its sold already. You wouldn't dream that one week on, when cup scheme, season ticket holders, everyon has had their pick, THEN they'd stick them on sale??????

Gutted.

I'd just love to know who at city decided it was a good idea to hold back blocks for a week, the "best" ones of the £145 rio off ones? Who thought i know i'll hold them back and let the people on the cup scheme with the big points panic into buying towards the corner at that price and we can let the citycard members have the ones that go towards the middle instead.

It's a cup final, not the semi, they knew we'd sell out ffs, so why (if people were silly, like me, to get into debt to pay the £145 ones) hide the best seats from sale until the final day? Isn't that the opposite of loyalty pts and sales windows?
Phone City up and swap them over bud?

Gutted.

It’s frustrating for sure but I’m not certain this is the club’s fault. Judging by the sheer number of £145 tickets that appeared yesterday, it’s possible that these are extra tickets given to us by the FA. Watford are supposed to be getting an extra 1000-1500 (their fans think these will be £145 tickets too so perhaps they’re in the equivalent to blocks 102 and 103 at the West end of the stadium) so it could be that the FA had similar numbers held back at both ends of the stadium and offered them to the respective clubs now that both are close to selling out.

As someone else said, it might be an idea to phone City up today to see if you can swap your seats?

Having never been to a game at Wembley , I have 2 adult and 2 junior city cards for my family.
The 4 of us can’t go but my son and I could. O ha r a friend and his Son who could go so that would be the 4 of us.

Does anyone know if they check names on the tickets Do they have time to be that strict ?

Thanks
No names on the tickets just price staff at Wembley turnstiles dont check just search you.

That sounds like a very fair grumble. I think I have seen them do this before. Must be a reason but I don't know the answer.
I agree it's unfair, only reason I can think of is that they presume the middle to more expensive tickets will be the last too sell so by keeping ones in the better areas it will encourage folk to buy them !

I agree it's unfair, only reason I can think of is that they presume the middle to more expensive tickets will be the last too sell so by keeping ones in the better areas it will encourage folk to buy them !

I suspect (but don’t know) that they have kept some back for City’s commercial partners for them to take and have gone past their deadline. Similarly a load of £250 tickets became available.
I used to work for a company that sponsored a prominent London PL team. Could get access to tickets in choice areas at very short notice.

Can see why it is frustrating.

I can see that it says on the Ticketing website that it's open to all Cityzens Matchday Members from tomorrow, but are they going to communicate that?

As far as I can see it's not obvious.

It really isn't obvious at all. All City have done is add to a ticket news story on the website that is 12 days old. If you don't click on the old story you won't know. Wouldn't it be better to post it as a new story if the sales criteria has changed?

I suspect (but don’t know) that they have kept some back for City’s commercial partners for them to take and have gone past their deadline. Similarly a load of £250 tickets became available.
I used to work for a company that sponsored a prominent London PL team. Could get access to tickets in choice areas at very short notice.

Can see why it is frustrating.
It will be this, keep the best seats back for all the once a season ‘commercial partners’ and if they don’t sell give them the loyal supporters at the last minute. The FA and everything they do stinks, but whilst we keep paying nothing will change.

It will be this, keep the best seats back for all the once a season ‘commercial partners’ and if they don’t sell give them the loyal supporters at the last minute. The FA and everything they do stinks, but whilst we keep paying nothing will change.

To be honest, and I say this as a blue, my thinking is that it is City that do this. Is City's allocation to do with as they wish.
The FA have their own tickets in Club Wembley in other areas.
What it highlights, if I am correct, is just how many tickets can be allocated to commercial partners. Is not as visible at home matches but can be seen with the cup finals and away tickets (but let's keep this chat to the FA Cup Final ;-)).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.