FA Cup Final - 18/05 1700hrs

Talks to resolve the strike by underground workers have broken down so anyone travelling via central London needs to keep an eye on this. I’m sure they will keep the Jubilee and Bakerloo lines running though if they can
Thanks. As far as I know it's a strike by maintenance crews though so if it goes ahead, I think there will still be trains running.

Thanks. As far as I know it's a strike by maintenance crews though so if it goes ahead, I think there will still be trains running.

There will be but it will be reduced I guess which after the game could be a problem.

Watford fans more likely to use Wembley Central too so that option could be worse!

Is there a decent left luggage area at Wembley or close by?
Wembley has a very strict bag policy rule that we fell foul of at this years league cup final . Read the ticket carefully for the restrictions. They have a few bag drop areas but you’ve got a walk away from the beaten track and they charge £10 per bag.

Last edited:
Wembley has a very strict bag policy rule that we fell foul of at this years league cup final . Read the ticket carefully for the restrictions. They have a few bag drop areas but you’ve got a walk away from the beaten track and they charge £10 per bag.
Cheers for that. I've booked a bag into premier Inn Wembley for £6 and it's 5 mins from the stadium.

Will the programmes be on sale in the areas immediately around the stadium on the morning of the game? I'm staying about 10-15 minutes' walk from the stadium, and it'd be handy to pick up the few programmes I need to get and drop them back in the hotel in the morning.

ay up, watford fan here.

First of all, we are all praying you beat liverpool to the title. Even down south they are despised by everyone apart from those nobheads who have fallen for the media narrative.

On to the tickets, even us so-callled affluent southerners are sickened by the pricing. We've almost sold out but there's a few overpriced shyte-view seats left, but only a hundred or so. I hope they dont sell as a phuck you to the FA. We'll see. We are only a small club with a small fanbase so I'm not arsed about any willy waving when it comes to ticket sales.

As for us v you, there is very little hope amongst our fan base (see our forum for further details). We've got a decent enough team - probably the best one in our history - and we try and play football. Against man utd, arsenal, chelsea or tottenham we'd be hopeful, but you and liverpool well and truly have our measure. Our only chance is for you to have a shocker and for deulofeu to have his 1 in 5 match world class performance and pereyra to have his 1 in 10 match. We need your defence to be rattled by our "hard men" deeney and holebas and for your keeper to have a stinker.

Our defence is our weak link, it's upper championship standard at best, so you scoring is a certainty. Our midfield is our best asset so I hope we might almost match you there. Doucoure and capoue are a solid pair so watch out there. Our strikers are dung. Gray has the worst touch you'll ever see, but gets into scoring positions so you never know, he might shin one in. I'm guessing you all hate deeney (most teams do) but he's a legend for us so lay off eh. Not great at goal scoring though unfortunately. Our keeper foster is probably our POTS, but the manager will drop him for gomes, who always has a calamity in him. So that's shyte.

Anyway, this is only the second cup final in the entire history of our club so we'll enjoy the day no matter what. Hope you all have a decent day out in london. Sorry you've got the shyte side of the ground. I presume it doesnt need saying that you're better off getting on the ale in town rather than in wembley.

Not sure if this would be the biggest shock in cup final history if we win, but it will be up there.

Prediction: Watford 3 - Man City 1.

BTW we used to be a friendly family club but we seem to have some real young whoppers coming through the ranks now, and there was some fisticuffs v wolves. I hope there's no repeat at the final. I blame our celebrity phoney hard case fans vinny jones and dougie brimsom.

You were somewhat unlucky in your previous final, if I remember it correctly. Especially that Andy Gray goal being allowed.

But if City are going for the domestic treble, as hopefully they will be, then we'll have an enormous incentive to win. Pep loves setting records and doesn't often disappoint.

I'm expecting a good game, though - with a few goals.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.